National Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Technical Cooperation Programme in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is spearheaded by a Programme Management Unit (PMU), which facilitates, coordinates and manages technical support and advisory services provided by FAO to the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA) and other government’s partners. Currently, the PMU is implementing three projects focusing on sustainable rural agriculture development; sustainable management of natural resources; and effective management of water resources.
Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation is one of the key functions of the PMU, intended to enhance accountability, adaptive decision making and learning with the aim of optimizing the impact of FAO’s work in KSA. The Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation function is led by an international Technical Advisor -Results-based Monitoring and Reporting.
The position is located in the PMU of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Under the overall guidance of the Programme Director, the National Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Technical Adviser - Result-based Monitoring and Reporting and in close collaboration with the Chief Technical Advisors and Technical Teams.
• Support all Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation functions (planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning) especially data management for all projects under FAO-KSA Technical Cooperation Programme.
Tasks and responsibilities\:
The National Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will carry out the following main tasks\:
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the Results-based Monitoring & Evaluation system for FAO-KSA Technical Cooperation Programme.
• Contribute to the development of the Results-based Monitoring & Evaluation frameworks and documents for new projects including development of Theory of Change, Logical frameworks, Monitoring & Evaluation Plans, etc.
• Contribute to the preparation and implementation of field monitoring missions and surveys.
• Contribute to the design of data collection tools as well as data collection, analysis, interpretation, and visualization.
• Contribute to writing regular reports, assessments reports and other products produce by the Results-based Monitoring and Reporting function such as visual products (e.g., dashboards).
• Contribute to the development and utilization of digital data collection tools and use of open data sources.
• Support the collection, analysis and entry of accurate data on mandatory FAO reporting systems/tools such as PIRES, PAID etc.
• Contribute to the development of a Computerized web-based Monitoring and Evaluation portal for FAO-KSA Technical Cooperation Programme; and manage the day-to-day operations of the portal when developed.
• Regularly liaise with the Programme Management Team to improve data collection, analysis, reporting and security in FAO-KSA.
• Carry out other relevant duties within his/her technical competence as requested by FAO-KSA.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced University degree in Economics, International development, Social sciences, Computer science, Management Information Systems, Statistics or other related disciplines relevant to the assignment.
• Minimum of five years of relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of development projects and programmes, experience in Agriculture and Natural Resources Management will be a plus.
• Working knowledge of Arabic and English.
• National of Saudi Arabia
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Excellent understanding of Results-based monitoring and evaluation systems
• Strong report writing skills.
• Strong database administration and management skills. ,
• Hands-on experience in Management Information systems, online data visualization, analytical and statistical software (e.g., ODKs, Power BI, Stata, GIS, etc.)
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http\://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please create a one-time registration with FAO’s client support team for further assistance\: https\://fao.service-now.com/csp
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT