Community Protection Volunteer
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a Community Protection Volunteers (CPVs).DRC selects the best qualified candidate for any role, based on pre-defined criteria, such as competencies, qualifications, and values. We strive for diversity and inclusion in all our recruitments, by selecting the best suited candidate based on the requirements for the job without discriminating against age, gender, ethnicity, religion, marital status, those with a disability or similar.
About the role:
The role of Community Protection Volunteers in DRC Libya Protection programming in Tripolitania aims to contribute to :
- Improved understanding of local context and specific protection risks in their community.
- Increased DRC's ability to respond to rapid contextual changes that may instigate an increase of or exposure to new protection risks.
- Enhanced community understanding of DRC Protection programming and – as relevant – other DRC Sector Programming, general DRC intervention mandate, and activities.
- ensured referral of individuals.
- To prevent or mitigate the occurrence or consequences of protection incidents, meaning survivors or individuals at imminent risk of rights violations.
- With protection risks requiring individual, systematic, and multi-sectoral support.
- In need of specialized assistance.
Main Responsibilities of a CPV are to:
- Support Protection teams in community engagement.
- by liaising with targeted communities, for example in arranging safe and appropriate locations for activities.
- by sharing information about the objectives of DRC Protection programming in general and specifically related to Protection Monitoring, Individual Protection Assistance, Case Management, and Legal Assistance.
- Support Protection teams by actively highlighting contextual changes.
- By taking the initiative to reach out to their assigned Protection Staff Focal Point to provide news, updates, or other relevant information.
- By following up on rumors, speculations, or other informal communication methods used to share information within communities or locations.
- Support Protection teams in identifying individuals in need.
- Practicing safe referral practices to refer individuals included in DRC Libya Protection Risk and Vulnerability criteria to the Protection teams.
- Practicing safe referral practices to refer individuals requiring specialized support to the Referral Officer.
- Support Protection Information Dissemination activities by highlighting specific legal needs of individuals, and trends or practices to guide outreach messaging.
- Including support in conducting outreach sessions, and as possible conducting them independently based on request and need.
- Support in translation between DRC staff and members of the community, as relevant and needed.
- Actively engage with the appointed Protection Team Focal Point for coordination, collaboration, coaching, and guidance. This includes supporting other sector teams, such as, Economic Recovery, and Community Safety.
- Minimum level of literacy and knowledge of either Arabic/English languages, additional language e.g French, Hausa, Tigrinya is an asset
- Committed and interested in helping and connecting their community to DRC services.
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality.
- Respectful of others, regardless of their differences.
- Willing to learn new approaches to rights enhancement, community engagement, and protection.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: Ensuring coordination and teamwork in place to achieve your targets
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: listen actively and articulate clearly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
We offer :
- Duration of the contract: 3 months.
- Type of Contract : Temporary Contract.
- Designation of Duty Station: Tripoli
- Start date: ASAP.
Closing date for applications: October 6th,2023.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: