New Delhi | Delhi
We are hiring for the Grants Manager who will be responsible to support the team in budgeting, grant management, accounting, and maintaining proper documentation.
Wadhwani AI is a non-profit applied AI institute that brings artificial intelligence technology to social challenges in low and middle-income countries. Through our solutions, AI becomes an enabling technology that bridges the gap between problems and solutions, augments human capabilities and provides advanced decision support. We collaborate with social sector organizations, the government, domain experts and academic institutions to identify real-world challenges, create and deploy innovative AI solutions to reach intended users and beneficiaries – with the objective of creating sustainable, scalable impact.
Currently, we are building AI-based solutions in the agriculture and health domains, such as pest management, maternal, newborn and child health, tuberculosis and COVID19.
Our projects are supported by leading philanthropies such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), USAID and Google.org.
Our accolades are as follows:
- Wadhwani AI was the only Google AI impact challenge winner from India in 2019, and the first organization in the Asia Pacific to welcome a cohort of Google Fellows.
- Our pest management solution, CottonAce earned an honorable mention at the Fast Company World Changing Awards 2021.
- In April 2022, CottonAce was announced as one of the five winners of the Global Change Award (GCA) in 2022. The Global Change Award is an endeavor by the H&M Foundation to transform fashion and turn the entire industry planet positive.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all awards are compliant with donor and the organisational policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to the formats and schedules of reports as required by various donors.
- Work with program leads on forecasting expenses and further analyzing project spending in order to ensure accurate spending of project funds.
- Review procurement requests to ensure that these are in line with approved budget and as per budget availability.
- Ensure record keeping of all grant agreements and contracts, modifications, financial reports, and documents pertaining to each grant.
Financial Analysis and Donor/Management Reporting:
- Prepare the various reports for Donor compliance.
- Develop monthly financial tracking of each and highlight critical deviations for resolution
- Preparing various analytical reports for leadership/project leads on the basis of funding available for their strategic planning/decision making purpose.
- Tracking and analyzing project performance on key metrics for all programs like direct program costs, general fund support etc.
- Work closely with program finance teams for preparation and finalization of various donor financial reports/Invoices as and when due per grant agreement.
- Manage sub-grants – including developing, reviewing and finalizing sub-award proposals and budget.
- Work with the HQ and in-country finance for ensuring all documents are in place prior to issuance of sub grant agreement.
- Monitoring and tracking of sub grantee spending, mapping actuals against budget and sharing with program lead on regular basis.
- Work with program lead in preparation of costed or no costed modifications.
- Assist in sub award close out processes.
Managing Grants Close Out Functions:
- Ensure smooth and timely grants close out.
- Notifying well in advance grant close out guidelines, asset disposable, record keeping etc. and timelines to all concerned staff at national and state level.
- Ensure all project expenses are accounted and reported in final financial report to donor.
- Work with HQ for review and finalization of final report before its submission to donor.
- Work with management to provide support on staffing and operating costs related decisions in lieu of grants closure.
Handing Donor Audits/Internal Review:
- Managing various donor audits ensuring accurate and timely completion.
- Respond pro-actively to auditor’s query and providing management response in the audit report.
- Maintains proper documentation of all grant related documents and reports for audit purpose.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or a related field would be preferred.
- Extensive contractual and financial management experience, with at least ten years at a mid-management level, working with USAID, CDC, DOD and other international donor agencies
- 8-12 years’ experience supervising and mentoring Grants, Contracts and Finance.
- Knowledge of cost accounting methods and practices applicable to management of private and federal monies
- Experience development of policies, procedures and systems relative to finance and accounting practices
- Proficiency in MS Office, financial software applications and reporting package
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: