Assistant Scientist - Agricultural Data Analyst
Working with in-country partners, IRRI develops advanced rice varieties that yield more grain and better withstand pests and disease as well as flooding, drought, and other harmful effects of climate change.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze agricultural data to assess system performance, e.g., according to sustainability standards
- Pilot testing and assessment of on-farm and landscape impacts of climate-smart agriculture technologies
- Monitor and evaluate the development of projects and activities (e.g. baseline vs. intervention) and identify successes and constraints of implementation
- Apply tools (e.g. GIS tool) to analyze and visualize results in order to identify gaps and target intervention
- Contribute to the development of an effective Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system for agricultural greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in Thailand
- Collaborate and support the development and operation of a gender-sensitive M&E system to track the project performance and the level of adoption of Integrated Landscape Management approaches
- Support internal evaluations of project’s progress at different stages of development and suggest improvements if needed
- Engage with project staff and research partners on the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Coordinate with project’ staff in the preparation of progress and annual reports.
- Assist the IRRI Representative in Thailand in preparing different types of reports and documents as required
- Assist in facilitating mid-term and end-of-term project review
- Assist in facilitating the organization of and participating in different seminars, conferences and coordination meetings to gather information
- Contribute to the development and publishing of scientific articles and reports (mostly in English)
- Design, manage, and implement monitoring and evaluation systems, plans and tools for progress of IRRI projects and activities in Thailand in coordination with IRRI’s M&E team
- Design, manage and update databases and provide analysis of information to support project implementation
- Design and revise data collection and monitoring and evaluation processes, tools and methods
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Science, Agricultural Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Statistics, Economics, or an agriculture-related analytics field with minimum 4 years of professional experience in agricultural data management
- Master’s degree in Agriculture Science, Agricultural Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Statistics, Economics, or an agriculture-related analytics field with minimum 1 year of professional experience in agricultural data management
- Experience working with agricultural standards, logical framework design, performance indicator development and selection, data collection systems and tools, and results-based planning approaches
- GIS knowledge and data management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as interpersonal skills
- Proficient user of computer software packages related to database management, and data analysis including statistic software
- Experience in writing reports in English
- Experience in analyzing and synthesizing data and information for meaningful reporting
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience in applying GIS to produce analysis related to agricultural research
- Experience in database management; and (optional) experience working with mobile and/or web-based applications;
- Knowledgeable of quantitative analytical techniques
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances.
Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: