Finance Senior Assistant
Summary of Key Functions:
Implementation of operational strategies and procedures
Treasury Management support
Security Guarantee Management
Financial reporting and Audit
Knowledge building and sharing
1. Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
2. Provides support to Treasury, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of payment requests in oneUNOPS ERP for completeness prior to their pre-clearance to ensure that supporting documentation is complete and all information concerning the payment request has been supplied; proper accounting codes used; certification of services rendered/goods delivered is documented and duly signed by authorized officials; payment to contractors are in compliance with terms and conditions of agreement.
- Review and confirmation of appropriateness of Operational Advances transactions processed, through the interpretation and determination of applicable policies, regulations, rules, i.e. disbursements are within authorized limits and contractual agreements, cash payments to third party services is well supported , travel entitlements paid is as per travel policy etc.
- Review and confirmation of validity of charges by verifying authorized amounts and ensuring availability of budget and funds.
- Maintenance and control of petty cash funds, cash disbursements as approved and preparation of petty cash utilization report for replenishment.
- Frequent contact with the local bank to obtain day-to-day information relating to delayed disbursements to beneficiaries, rates of exchange, changes in procedures and bank regulations, etc.
3. Security Guarantee management
- Receipt of original copies of both Performance and Advance payment guarantees
- Ensure the Guarantees are in line with UNOPS Guarantee template
- Conduct independent verification of the Guarantees with the issuing Banks
- Seek clearance from both the Yemen Finance manager and UNOPS Corporate for acceptance of the Bank guarantees, as per set mandate
- Process the financial details of the Bank Guarantee into The Corporate Bank guarantee tracking tool/ registry.
- Safely physically secure all Bank Guarantee and account for them at all times.
- e-Alert the relevant project and procurement unit on Bank guarantee about to expire , 1 month before expiry.
- Provide relevant data on Bank guarantees as requested during Quarterly and Yearly book/Account closure.
4. Financial reporting and Audit:
- Timely process of regular IFS as guided by the Finance Officer.
- Timely process Donor related IFR using prescribed format.
- Prepare Audit schedules.
- Support Audit by providing relevant supporting documents, as requested.
- Perform any other duty as directed by management.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the Finance-focused trainings
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is required. Specialized training in finance desirable but not required.
- Five (5) years of relevant accounting and financial experience at national level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is highly desired.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
- Knowledge of second UN working language desirable.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: