The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.”
The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises. IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services. IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. IFRC also has country cluster delegations and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
IFRC Moldova Country office has been established to support the Moldova Red Cross Society (MRCS) to foster local action, and stronger local ownership and contribute to sustainable local development in various areas including Branch and Volunteer Development via delegates, programme coordinators and assistants to facilitate coherence and overall alignment of support to MRCS programs.
Under the direct supervision and the guidance of the Programme Coordinator, the Programme Officer will ensure implementation of International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies/ Moldova Red Cross (IFRC/MRCS) programmes in a timely, effective and efficient manner. The Programme Officer also supports the Programme Unit in ensuring the quality and effective delivery of planning, monitoring, evaluation, monitoring, and reporting (PMER) systems and processes throughout the projects/programs cycle to be in line with IFRC PMER Framework.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Programme Coordinator for project management in compliance with IFRC procedures, regulations, and policies.
- Monitor the projects’ progress, ensure compliance with IFRC program standards, and prepare reports. • Support the planning, budgeting, and reporting to ensure that they are timely and in accordance with quality standards.
- Assist in coordinating logistics and procurement activities for project implementation.
- Assist the IFRC and the Moldova Red Cross Society in identifying the capacities and needs of the most vulnerable groups in the affected population and in developing an appropriate response strategy.
- Feedback Programme Coordinator on any issues that could affect the project implementation, including safety and security concerns, difficulties to operate and any similar developing situations that could hinder the project implementation.
- Coordination with MRCS technical staff to ensure timely implementation of project activities. • Ensure presence and active contribution of the IFRC in humanitarian coordination forums and events (i.e. working groups).
- Attend to other jobs and tasks assigned by IFRC Programme Coordinator.
- Collaborate with the IFRC finance and admin department for effective financial management and compliance.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in developing a realistic program budget based on the latest needs and support financial management through budget planning, periodic project plans, and cash forecasts.
- Coordinate with the Finance department. to track budget expenses and ensure timely reporting in alignment with the program plan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Support the Programme Unit in planning for multiple sectors, ensuring high-quality implementation plans and engagement from all teams.
- Establish systems and guidance for the Response Plan and Unified Planning, adhering to IFRC standards.
- Incorporate monitoring and evaluation into the budget and implement relevant systems and reporting deadlines.
- Maintain effective communication with technical counterparts and National Society staff to ensure informed planning.
- Support in developing and implementing an M&E framework, including data sources, collection methods, and frequency; support the creation and use of monitoring tools for reliable data to inform programming; analyze monitoring data, provide user-friendly reports, and aid in decision-making; coordinate with external actors for enhanced data collection collaboration.
- Support in developing and implementing an M&E framework, including data sources, collection methods, and frequency.
- Support the creation of monitoring tools based on the planned programmes.
- Support in the utilization of monitoring tools- based on the M&E framework.
- Support in data analytics based on data collection.
- Support in utilizing collected data and progress and development of user-friendly reports.
- Support management in the preparation of programmatic information for decision making.
Coordinate and collaborate with external actors to enhance data collection mechanism and quality
- Assist in preparing, designing, and implementing surveys, evaluations, and other relevant studies as needed for the project; this include, where necessary take part in internal reviews to assess operational progress, including lesson learning reviews; ensure that all review or evaluation work is evidence-based, taking into account both outcomes and outputs; make sure that the insights gained from monitoring, reviews, or evaluations are accessible, relevant, and usable for informing decisions made by the Programme Coordinator.
- Support to manage a reporting timetable and deadlines for the activities and projects and monitor this timetable to ensure all agreed deadlines have been met; manage efficient and effective quality control and delivery of reporting on the project implementation (e.g., monthly updates, pledge-based reports, monthly bulletins/blurb, and other relevant reports)
- Ensure all reports are clear, accurate and informative; check that all reporting on the project is compliant with the IFRC’s standards and formats; support to manage the evidence-base of monitoring and evaluation work on the operation, to inform accountability to donors and partners.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Support IFRC led or joint needs’ assessments of vulnerable populations including refugees and host communities.
- Liaise with other technical counterparts for networking and sharing experiences.
- Provide trainings or other means of capacity development for IFRC and National Society staff.
- Provide translation assistance during meetings involving various stakeholders (RO/RU/EN).
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Relevant University degree (Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, International Relations)
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in program support
- Minimum of 2 years in project management
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Experience of working for NGO or humanitarian sector in Moldova
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Strong communication skills
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Analytical Skills
- Accuracy and fine attention to detail
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Tact and diplomacy
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Tact to communicate with stakeholders
- Logframe and management tools
- Report writing skills
- Filing and archiving
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Russian and Romanian
- Fluent in written and spoken Ukrainian
Competencies, Values and Comments
- Respect for diversity
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and decision making
- National society and customer relations
- Creativity and innovation
- Building trust
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: