Kos | Pristina
The Department of Democratization is one of the three main departments of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo. The department has three sections, namely, the Governance Section which supports the development of democratic, transparent and accountable institutions, Public Participation Section which works to strengthen women, young people, communities, and vulnerable groups’ participation in public life and Media Section which assists media institutions and journalists associations to exercise their functions and to preserve the rights of freedom of expression and freedom of the media.
The department is supported by the Office of the Director. The Office of the Director is responsible for coordination and internal distribution of received task and acts as a liaison between the Department of Democratization and various other departments and offices of the Mission.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of Democratization Department (DD), the Intern will support the Director’s Office in ensuring quality control of departmental materials, follow up on departmental tasks and regular reporting on Department’s projects and activities. The incumbent will work closely with other members of the Office, to ensure co-ordination of information with the Mission’s offices, as well as the Department’s sections on programmatic and project activities. The duties of the Intern will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing support to the staff in the Office of Director in the pre-clearance of departmental publications and documents.
- Assisting the staff in the Office of Director in the management of departmental clearance procedures with relevant Mission offices, including the Office of Political Affairs and Communications, Office of Legal Affairs, and Office of Central Co-ordination.
- Assisting with drafting of regular and other reports by the Department.
- Assisting the Director’s Office with project tasks related to review of project budgets and self-evaluation reports.
- Providing support to the management of departmental public awareness and visibility-related activities of programme/project activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Be not older than 30 years on the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice and have completed two years of full-time post-secondary education in an accredited institution or have completed a first or advanced degree in a field relevant to the OSCE’s mandate (Political Science, Sociology, Law Management or International Relations) no longer than two years before the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice;
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical, research and drafting skills.
- Good organizational skills with ability to process and classify information quickly and efficiently.
- Good IT knowledge, familiarity with Microsoft Office and Internet applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- While not a requirement, previous working experience with non-governmental, governmental and/or international organizations is desirable; experience with drafting of relevant publications is a strong asset.
In lieu of remuneration the OSCE Mission in Kosovo will contribute towards the cost of living of international interns who
are non-residents at the duty station (place of assignment), such compensation is equivalent to 10% of the applicable BLA
rate. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme. The internship does not constitute a
commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE's online
application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. In case of technical difficulties with the online application,
applicants may use the OSCE offline application form, which can be downloaded from https://jobs.osce.org/resources/
document/offline-application-form, and send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with vacancy number quoted in
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or offer an internship with modified
terms of reference or a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male
candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization. Please be
aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: