Administrative Assistant– SC4
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization is specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO’s goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger. FAO in Bangladesh has been implementing activities in close cooperation with the Government of Bangladesh since its establishment in 1978.
Provide administrative support for the admin team - supporting activities for the programme related to travel and gen. admin/logistics support etc. Review specific service needs against established procedures, process requests for servicing, anticipating timing and delivery issues.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Admin), day to day close collaboration with different administrative units in the representation and projects, the incumbent will carry out the following activities but not limited to\:
Tasks and responsibilities
• Assist to prepare the travel plan for local and Intl. Travel for the representation and projects;
• Assist in arranging travel (raising TA in GRMS, air ticket and transport arrangement) etc for all local and international staff/consultants
• Assist to make hotel reservation for the international staff/consultants and missions and also ensure their pick-up and drop from and to the airport and hotel;
• Support and verify documents for settlement of TECs (Travel Expense claims) and process TEC in GRMS;
• Contact with the travel agents for necessary booking and issuance of tickets;
• Process and endorse air ticket payment
• Support on scrutinizing all relevant documents against each DSA advances, meeting advances, TEC, travel costs etc.
• Assist to review and check all DSA claims and support to settle down in a timely manner;
• Provide assistance to the meetings, workshops, seminar etc. particularly on logistics in the representation;
• Provide support on general administrative matters for office/facilities management in the office;
• Draft meeting minutes/reports; routine correspondence, type letter memoranda including programme documents and forms related to operational and administrative matter.
• Support to Registry/Security/transport Unit in absence of Registry/Transport/Security focal point of the unit;
• Support in managing incoming/outgoing all documents/letters and dispatching to the respective office/officials of the project in the absence or in support of the Registry focal point;
• Assist A-FAOR(Admin) for corporate related activities particularly for preparation and submission of Fraud Prevention Plan (FPP), Internal Control Reporting, Annual Reporting, Risk log, Business Continuity Plan including other related matters;
• Coordinate, make liaison with HR units in relation to the travel activities involved for any staff or consultants;
• Coordinate, make liaison with Finance, protocol, IT units for any travel or other related payments; · Receive, coordinate, review and submit Project Files to AFAOR Admin for further actions;
• Perform as custodian of office stationaries, distribution and maintain records of stationaries;
• Prepare budget for internal meetings in liaison with finance or any other units, support for get approval of BH including settle down of OCAs for internal events;
• Prepare DVs for all types payments for country office procurement activities;
• Support other secretarial support to A-FAOR (Admin) for smooth functioning of office management and related matters;
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in any discipline, preferably in business administration
• At least four (4) years of relevant experiences in finance and administration
• Working knowledge of English and Bengali.
• National of Bangladesh.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one area of work, particularly in different positions, is desirable.
• Previous work experience in UN system is desireable
• Adbility to work in diverse environment
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http\://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please create a one-time registration with FAO’s client support team for further assistance\: https\://fao.service-now.com/csp
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT