Finance and Administrative Assistant – SC4
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization is specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO’s goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger. FAO in Bangladesh has been implementing activities in close cooperation with the Government of Bangladesh since its establishment in 1978.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant, SC-4 will carry out different administrative functions particularly in the area of finance in close liaison and guidance with the finance colleagues in the representation and projects towards delivering all financial transactions of in a timely manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Admin), and in close liaison and day to guidance from the colleagues in finance unit in the representation and close collaboration with all projects finance/operations colleagues, the incumbent will carry out the following activities but not limited to\:
Tasks and responsibilities
• Verify/examine the accuracy of invoices and payment vouchers and need to ensure that all the requests are in line with the approved budget;
• Create invoices by making entries into the Global Resources Management System (GRMS – Finance module) to settle the payments or advances;
• Maintain imprest accounts; reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
• Retrieve, enter, select and analyse data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems and databases e.g. GRMS, iMIS etc. ;
• Assist to verify availability of funds and ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent;
• Prepare correspondence of administrative nature; initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters, as required.
• Maintain liaison with local banks and financial institutions to keep up-to-date with financial and regulatory information (exchange and interest rates, procedures and rules, maintenance of bank accounts, etc.).
• Support the streamlining of procedures and practices, and keeping staff informed of new new information technologies or system updates as issued by the organization;
• Manage and maintain petty cash account for country office ;
• Provide support on monitoring the Operational Cash Advances (OCAs) and ensure that the OCAs are settled in due time;
• Support on performing the monthly reconciliations of imprests accounts of the representation;
• Support on preparation of the periodic budget report (Forecast for resources and expenditure) for RP budget;
• Perform regular accounting payable/receivable functions in the system (GRMS);
• Prepare cash forecast for representation and timely request for replenishment from the FAO treasury and maintain regular banking records;
• Review the financial statements /receipts /transactions submitted by the service providers against the letters of agreements signed under TCPs and other any other projects as assigned;
• Make administrative arrangements of meetings, working groups and prepare documents; arrange for payment of participants, etc.
• Provide guidance to newly joined staff on proper application of FAO’s policies/procedures on making any financial transactions; ensure accuracy and diligence of the work provided.
• Assist on maintenance of filing system for all financial and administrative documents and correspondence;
• Support to perform the procurement activities for the country office, when required;
• Monitor the LOA activities for the projects and update/share to the A-FAOR (Admin) in case of any actions is required
• Assist international staff, experts and consultants on all respects of allowances, salary (advances), and other financial matters, calculates payments etc.
• Perform any other administrative duties as required in the unit or assigned by the A-FAOR (admin).
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in accounting/finance or business administration or any other related field from any reputed university. Specialized training in finance, accounting, administration, and/or office management would be added advantage.
• Minimum four (4) years of progressively accounting, administrative, and office management experience in UN or any other International organizations;
• Working knowledge of English and Bengali.
• National of Bangladesh.
FAO Core Competencies
● Results Focus
● Building Effective Relationships
● Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one area of work, particularly in different positions, is desirable.
• Previous work experience in UN system is desireable
• Adbility to work in diverse environment
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http\://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please create a one-time registration with FAO’s client support team for further assistance\: https\://fao.service-now.com/csp
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT