National Project Officer (Capacity Building and Program Design)
Post Number : 4INEDPA062GI
Grade : NO-C
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: New Delhi
Job Family: Programme Coordination
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 13-DEC-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for this position.
Duration of Contract is one (1) year, with the possibility of an extension subject to the availability of funds and satisfactory performance.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is an integral part of UNESCO and is a specialized Category-I institute that works on education for peace and sustainable development to foster global citizenship. MGIEP’s Policy Team works with all projects at the Institute in pursuit of policy change at different levels which would facilitate the achievement towards SDG Target 4.7 on education for peace and sustainable development. MGIEP also strives to impact education policy discourses beyond 2030, the target year of SDGs, by working closely with academic and scientific communities as well as with national education policymakers and other stakeholders.Long Description
Under the overall guidance of the Director of the Institute and direct supervision of the Senior Program Officer, the incumbent will serve as National Project Officer – Capacity Building and Program Design (Teachers) and will be responsible for the following duties:
Capacity Building on SEL and Digital Pedagogies
- Manage and coordinate training for teachers, school management teams and government officials globally on SEL and Digital Pedagogy, including implementing a process of evaluation to assess impact in the short, medium, and long term.
- Develop and oversee the monitoring and assessment framework to evaluate master training efficacy and course indicators of success, design workshop experiences and handhold teachers during scaling and classroom use in learner, educator, and other capacity building courses.
- Modify and adapt online courses to suit in-person training where appropriate and develop micro courses and guidebooks as applicable.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify trends to improve the offerings of the courses and in-person training to measure efficacy and highlight gaps for improvement.
- Keep up with the latest trends in digital and SEL courses and general trends in the field of digital pedagogy and SEL and education field more broadly, to improve the offerings of the institute.
Programme Design and Project Management
- Participate in the conceptualization, design, planning, development, coordination, monitoring and implementation of the Institute’s programs, projects, and activities.
- Identify focus areas within national priorities, and opportunities for collaboration, proposing linkages for UNESCO and the Institute’s education initiatives at the national and regional levels for capacity building.
- Develop and manage the design, structure, and assessments of direct and Training of Teachers (TOT) programme for governments and other stakeholders to build teacher and government capacity for the use of digital pedagogies and SEL.
- Appraise and analyze education and training systems, to assist the Ministry responsible for Education and officials in formulating capacity building programs in member states in collaboration with Headquarters and field offices.
- Liaise and develop synergies with key actors and partners including Headquarters, Field Offices, other Category 1 and 2 Institutes of UNESCO, UNESCO National Commissions as well as universities and research centers to advance and promote the work of the Institute as it relates to capacity building initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with other Missions at the institute, to help identify potential capacity building projects in member states and its impact on other missions.
- Collaborate in the design and implementation of stakeholder engagement mechanisms with Headquarters and field offices to ensure capacity building programme design matches with the member states’ strategic priorities and is aligned to the Institutes mission and vision.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans, align capacity building plans and objectives with the Institute’s objectives and deliverables, and with UNESCO’s relevant Main Line of Actions.
- Monitor budgets of projects and programme implementation outputs and outcomes ensuring that work is implemented in a coherent and integrated manner consistent across programs.
- Carry out project management for assigned projects, including backstopping, technical, financial, and human resources management. Supervise project consultants, experts, and other service providers, and follow through on the dissemination of project results.
- May be required to manage temporary and local staff. Lead/manage cross group activities as assigned, maximize synergies in the work for the Institute, liaise with other teams to ensure coordination of work across all priority countries.
- Contribute to introducing innovative methods to assist with capacity building and implementation in support of key strategic programs and projects of the Institute.
Communication and Outreach
- Develop and execute a communication plan to raise awareness of the SEL for Learners program and its impact.
- Engage with stakeholders, including governments, NGOs and private sector partners to promote the program.
- Communicate program successes and stories to the wider community using traditional and social media.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree) in education, psychology, neuroscience/cognitive science, or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in the field of education related to research, policy, teaching, curriculum development, pedagogy, social and emotional learning, and\or planning in a governmental, multilateral, academic, or civil society organization.
Skills and Competencies
- Commitment to the Organization's mandate, vision, strategic direction, and priorities.
- Ability to use methods and tools to monitor context triggers and determine the impact of various dynamics in education outcomes.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure, to manage heavy workloads and to meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail and quality of work.
- Integrity, reliability, accountability, and sense of commitment in the execution of duties.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Excellent understanding of trends in the education and public service sector.
- Excellent diplomatic skills and multicultural sensitivity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and Hindi.
- Advanced university degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) in Education, Policy Studies, Public Policy, International Relations, Social Sciences, Sciences of Learning, or other education-related sciences.
- Experience within an international environment or in the UN system.
- Working knowledge of another UNESCO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish).
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan, etc.
The approximate Net Pensionable annual starting salary for this post is INR 3,645,296, subject to the deduction of pension, medical insurance, etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.