Human Resources Intern
al Human Resources Manager and assist the HR team with a broad variety of tasks.
To assist in administrative HR activities and deliver efficient service and support. The intern will benefit accordingly in learning
how to analyze quantitative data, statistical data and human social situations and developing a working knowledge of various
types of recruitment processes and due diligence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in on-going recruitments: post positions, create test on the respective platform, arrange appointments for
tests, interviews, compile recruitment files.
- Conduct background checks, employment history checks and academic and education verification.
- Update personnel files and ensure that relevant documentation and information are kept in their respective files
including updated JD and signed copy of national staff internal regulations.
- Search for, retrieve, compile, assemble and archive a variety of human resources and administrative data from
computer files, records, reports or from other sources
- Conduct weekly update of the Mandatory training reports
- Update the staff contact list monthly
- Place requests and follow up on new joiners ID cards
- Prepares Logistics requisitions for HR related requests
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme in one of the following areas: Human Resources, Administration, and other related areas. The intern must have attended courses in the last 12 months and have completed at least two years
undergraduate studies. - Required
- No Specific Experience expected
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Understanding of the humanitarian context. - Required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse cultural context. - Required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel). - Required
- Fluently spoken and written English. - Required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic). - Preferred
Competencies, Values and Comments
IFRC provides equal employment opportunities.