External Relations Internship
Home Based - May require travel
The (CRAF’d) is the first and only multi-partner instrument to finance, connect, and reimagine the data that saves lives. The CRAF’d mission is driven by the conviction that data, analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI) can help global partners better anticipate, prevent, and respond to the complex risks facing people and the planet in moments of crisis.
Inspired by the , CRAF’d is the result of a collaborative design process championed by , the , the , the , and the Family, as well as other partners across the globe. CRAF’d is a trailblazer for the more inclusive, networked, and effective multilateralism envisioned in Our Common Agenda. With sustainable and scalable financing, CRAF’d will foster an open ecosystem to expand shared capabilities for unlocking more power from data for insight, impact, and integrity in crisis action.
Following a holistic ecosystem approach, CRAF’d is targeting $15 to $25 million in annual investments to foster more action-focused data collaboration – anchored in shared principles. By pooling some of their resources in CRAF’d, contributors share financial burdens, minimize risks, and cut transaction costs for critical data and analytics outputs that all stakeholders depend on.
The internship offers a rare and exciting opportunity for dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial individuals to be part of a multi-disciplinary team. The intern will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge initiatives to support CRAF’d efforts in building a sustainable data ecosystem, while gaining valuable insights into data-driven crisis response and innovation in the peace and security, humanitarian and development sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
The External Relations Intern will support CRAF’d mission by advancing cross-sectoral collaboration and communication, contributing to high-profile events, and engaging in creative content development for a variety of communication mediums. The intern will be a dynamic, creative, and entrepreneurial individual ready to take part in cutting-edge initiatives to build a sustainable data ecosystem.
Please indicate your focus in the cover letter or CV. Not indicating a focus may delay processing your application.
FOCUS 1: Partnerships & Communications
- Develop and implement compelling content for CRAF’d social media presence on and .
- Support the distribution of newsletters and the management of the .
- Support organization of the Fund's visibility and stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and refine fundraising materials and represent CRAF’d to garner support and funding.
- Evaluate stakeholder engagement effectiveness and offer actionable feedback for improved outreach and impact.
FOCUS 2: Graphic Design
- Utilize the latest graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, to create high-quality visual elements for various communication materials (digital and print media).
- Support the creation of animations that enhance CRAF’d storytelling across different platforms, ensuring a cohesive and engaging narrative in line with our brand identity.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure visual designs align with overall communication strategies and objectives.
The intern(s) will be expected to participate as an active member of the team and openly contribute his/her perspectives throughout the internship.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants must, at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
· The intern will be part of the CRAF’d Secretariat.
· In the current context, they are expected to work from home, and/or a hybrid mode of home and office if based in New York.
· The intern will be required to work full-time (five days a week).
· They will also be required to use their own electronic equipment.
· The intern will be under the direct supervision of the and under the overall strategic guidance of the .
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: