Communications Coordinator – Cameroon
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
CIFOR-ICRAF is looking for a Communications Coordinator – Cameroon
Duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the respective Geography communications.
- Manage communications staff and consultants in the assigned
geography with dual reporting lines to the Regional Director and head of Duty
- Manage respective geography communication channels including
the website (regional, national and projects), social media and language blogs,
- Develop and manage a roster of communications consultants in
- Develop and implement communication strategies and tactical
plans including messaging, budgets, action plans and performance metrics for
country offices, projects, and programs.
- Plan and produce content such as publications, articles, web
content, social media content, media releases, infographics, videos,
photography, newsletters, presentations, and event related content.
- All production be undertaken in coordination with and using
the resources of the COE communications team and consultants.
- Manage events including planning, marketing, implementation,
and reporting on results. Including regional participation in global events.
- Coordinate media interactions in the region.
- Produce analytical reports on the performance of all
- Undertake other communication activities as agreed upon. All
activities are undertaken in coordination with and using the resources of the
COE team and consultants.
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism or a related
field, or equivalent working experience.
- Excellent French and English language skills (both verbal
- Proficient in Portuguese and Spanish an advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in strategic
communications planning, messaging, and monitoring.
- 5 years of full-time experience writing, editing, and
interviewing digital and print media, video production or broadcasting.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Master’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field, or equivalent working experience.
• Excellent French and English language skills (both verbal and written).
• Proficient in Portuguese and Spanish an advantage.
• A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in strategic communications planning, messaging, and monitoring.
• 5 years of full-time experience writing, editing, and interviewing digital and print media, video production or broadcasting.
Terms and conditions
• This is a Locally Recruited position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
• The duty station will be in Yaounde, Cameroon CIFOR-ICRAF Offices.
The application deadline is 04 Dec, 2023
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: