The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC or “the Federation”) is the World’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network. The Federation is a membership organization established by and comprised of its member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the Federation is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The overall aim of the IFRC is” to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” It works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
In February 2022, a new phase in the armed conflict in Ukraine started. The intensification and spread of hostilities have affected all of Ukraine, causing massive humanitarian needs across all sectors and destroying essential civilian infrastructure. Millions of people are displaced in Ukraine, more than 7 million people have fled to other countries. IFRC and NRC have launched a major Emergency Appeal for Ukraine and Impacted Countries that is coordinated on European regional level – with numerous country level operations ongoing. ICRC, IFRC, NRC and numerous Partner National Societies are integrating their capacities to provide coordinated crisis response in Ukraine and impacted countries. The operational structure will be fully integrated into existing structures at Country / Country Cluster and Regional Office level to ensure full synergies with the overall regional work.
This position is based in the Norwegian Red Cross office - Kyiv, Ukraine to support the Ukraine Operations.
Working in the Norwegian Red Cross – country delegation office, the Senior Procurement Officer shall carry out under the supervision of the Head of Support all assigned activities related to procurement.
The Senior Procurement Officer has to work closely with the logistics staff members in all field locations.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the NorCross CPM Ukraine with support of the URCS, local health authorities and counterparts, the coordinator will build strong operational relations with technical partners and stakeholders on the ground and establish coordination, assessment and constant monitoring of the mobile unit related activities in line with agreements and related requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Norwegian Red Cross supported MHU activities are designed and implemented in line with established technical standards and project management methodologies.
- Coach Ukraine Red Cross Health teams in thematic frameworks and relevant technical standards and support the operationalization of those standards.
- Contributes proactively with other technical personnel to Norwegian Red Cross global efforts to establish and operationalized technical standards in relevant areas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
- The MHU Coordinator will coordinate implementation and follow up activities carried out by the Mobile Units, in one of the oblasts of Ukraine. Besides, the Coordinator has following responsibilities:
- To identify and conduct assessments of locations that may require MU teams’ support;
- Ensure the implementation of all activities carried on by the Mobile Units, according to plan and in coordination with the URCS.
- Ensure that all the components of the Mobile Unit activities are consistent with health and mental health international standards, and Ukrainian guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct regular supervision visits, to assess the quality of the services provided, and to put in place corrective measures when needed.
- Provide technical support to the Mobile Units teams to solve any clinical or technical problems with implementation of the services ensuring high quality, effective and efficient service.
- Analyse, on a regular basis, the data collected in relation to MHU activities and to put in place corrective measures when needed.
- Coordination of MHUs activities at oblast level (providing of appropriate coordination between MU teams and local health care authorities, Ukrainian Red Cross and other in-country actors involved in the establishment and management of MHUs and identify address needs as required for successful integration of MU teams).
- Ensure Mobile Units have all equipment and supplies needed to provide quality services.
- Communicate the procurement needs in a timely manner to the Logistics department.
- Participate to the recruitment of Mobile Unit staff as well as identify their training needs.
Medical or paramedical background. University degree in medicine or public health.
- Minimum of three years' professional experience in project management.
- Significant experience working with NGOs as well as in emergency setting.
- Knowledge of public health issues
- Knowledge of national and international guidelines and standards
- Experience in team management
Competencies, Values and Comments
- In-depth understanding of relevant technical standards and the operationalization of those standards in humanitarian projects.
- Proven experience from project management, including needs assessments project design, MEAL planning and reporting.
- Knowledge about building technical capacities of partner organizations.
- English work proficiency is required; regional languages an asset.
- Advanced understanding of the use of innovative tools and approaches in relevant technical discipline, is an asset
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: