Programme Assistant ED SC
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Hamburg
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 2
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 03-12-2023
Remuneration : 38,635.14 (gross yearly salary in Euro)
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning and the supervision of the Team Leader of the Inclusive Learning programme, the incumbent will act as Programme Assistant and contribute to the implementation of the programmes of the UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning.
In particular, the incumbent will:
- Compile, proofread and, where necessary, copy-edit official correspondence, documents and other materials.
- Carry out secretarial duties and prepare correspondence independently; select information from pertinent files, records and reports; prepare or summarize abstracts; and support the organization of the sharing knowledge process within the team.
- Support the Team Leader and the research staff in logistical preparations for all national and international conferences and seminars and ensure their successful implementation.
- Interact with travel agencies, hotels and meeting participants as well as other internal and external sources; respond to inquiries, or assign the communication, to the appropriate person.
- Assist in all administrative formalities, especially in preparing documents for contracts, finding accommodation and resolving visa issues, as well as providing introductory information to new staff members, fellows and study visitors.
- Undertake any other task as requested by the Team Leader or the Director.
- You have completed secondary education and high-level vocational education as foreign language secretary, in a relevant commercial education.
- You have 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible administrative or secretarial experience at the national or international level.
- You have experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet, and experience in using web-based management systems and data bases.
- You have demonstrable experience in proof-reading and editing skills.
- Knowledge in SAP R/3 would be an asset.
- Good command of Spanish and of German would be an asset.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.