Associate Contributions Officer
Post Number : 1ITSC PA116TP
Grade : P-2
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Trieste
Job Family: Natural Sciences
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 4-DEC-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Duration of contract: one (1) year, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performanceOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Founded in 1964 by the late Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam and located in Trieste (Italy), the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) seeks to accomplish its mandate by providing scientists from developing countries with the continuing education and skills that they need to enjoy long and productive careers.
Under the supervision of the Head of Finance and Budget Unit, the incumbent is the primary focal point at the institute on the matters related to voluntary contributions and donor reporting. He/she provides guidance to scientists, as well more junior colleagues in the Budget and Finance Unit.
Essential responsibilities include:Long Description
- As the focal point for all donor agreements and letters within ICTP, manage their review, ensuring their compliance with financial rules, regulations and IPSAS standards, timely finalization and renewal. Serve as the primary advisor to scientific staff on the administrative requirements related to donor agreements and contributions.
- Design the depositary of agreements and all related documents, including the naming convention for effective management of electronic records.
- Collaborate with BFM and BSP on reporting on internal objectives and regulatory matters; collaborate with funding organizations and agencies on matters related to project support costs and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the timely and appropriate reporting to donors, advise scientists on the reporting requirements and support the scientists in the submission of progress reports. Ensure the timely submission of financial reports and authorizations.
- Be the primary contact point for Auditors on the matters related to donor agreements and voluntary contributions, provide necessary explanations and supporting documentation as required.
- Advanced University degree (Master's Degree or equivalent) in the field of in economics, finance, business administration or a related field.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience in management of contributions, preferably with at least one year acquired at international level.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration with donor and funding organizations / agencies.
- Proven track record of collaboration with scientists.
- Knowledge on the IPSAS compliant registration of contributions
- Integrity, tact, discretion, ability to work as part of a team in an international environment.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP-based)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral).
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken).
- Experience in working for International organizations or Science Institutes.
- Knowledge of the other UNESCO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish is an asset).
- Knowledge of Italian is desirable.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
The approximate annual starting salary for this post is 66,296 US $.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: