Hosted Entities StopTB
Job categories IT
Vacancy code VA/2023/B5007/27053
Department/office ECR, GVA, Geneva
Duty station Geneva, Switzerland
Contract type International ICA
Contract level IICA-2
Duration Ongoing ICA – ‘Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
Application period 21-Nov-2023 to 20-Dec-2023
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
Summary of Key Functions
- Front-end interface development
- Business requirements management
- Change management implementation
- The IT Officer will be primarily responsible for migrating the front-end of the core information systems from Classic ASP to ASP.NET using the Web Pages programming model and the Razor syntax.
- In line with the UNOPS recommended policy the IT Officer will create GitHub code repositories for each system and ensure proper management of the new front-end code in each repository.
- The IT Officer will be responsible for creating and maintaining detailed system documentation with respect to all code written for each core system to ensure clarity of function and ease of maintenance.
- The IT Officer will liaise with staff from the business units to gather functional requirements for the core systems prior to updating any existing functionality or implementing any new functionality.
- The IT Officer will review the requirements and attend any additional meetings with the staff from the business units that may be required to ensure clear understanding of their needs and correct implementation of any changes or new functionality in the systems.
- The IT Officer will liaise with UNOPS HQ IT staff as needed to ensure alignment with the global UNOPS IT policies and recommendations.
- The IT Officer will be responsible for implementing change management processes in line with current best practice and UNOPS policies.
- The IT Officer will create and maintain change logs for the core information systems.
- The IT Officer will conduct risk and impact assessments for any major change planned for the core information systems.
- Master’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related area combined with 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- A First level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree) preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related area combined with 7 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a Masters degree.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in the field of web application development.
- At least 2 years experience in developing web-based applications using ASP.NET is required.
- Experience porting code from classic ASP to ASP.NET Web Pages & Razor will be considered a significant advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and G-Suite would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Salesforce would be considered an asset.
Fluency in English (speaking, writing, and reading) is required