Information Management Assistant
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
Information Management and Analysis
- Manages and updates the Office’s databases, herein including archiving, data entry and maintenance of lists and records (both paper and electronic) for different substantive activities, including, but not limited to, political consultations carried out by the Section as well as the prisoners’/detainees’ file;
- Performs database analysis for a variety of analytical products and assessments for different substantive files, as instructed;
- Regularly updates the database system to maximise benefits for substantive activities;
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software;
- Drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications of administrative nature, using standard software document processing packages;
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences, etc;
- Prepares and/or processes administrative documents/requests, such as requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, visa applications, etc.;
- Performs general administrative tasks, herein included leave and attendance recording, travel arrangements, UMOJA support, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education : A High school or equivalent diploma is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in administration and general office support or related area is required.
- The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to one (1) year for candidates who possess a first-level university degree.
Languages - English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English and Arabic (both oral and written) is required.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: