Project Monitoring Associate (NPSA-6)
The project aims to transform Serbia into a country of expertise, knowledge, and innovation by supporting the Ministry of Science, Technological Development and Innovation (MoSTDI). It aims to add to the achievement of the CPD Outcome Equitable economic and employment opportunities are promoted through innovation and circularity through four main activities. The first activity Capacities of the new MoSTDI Reenforced - focuses on reinforcing the capacities of the new MoSTDI by designing and implementing development plans, modernizing premises, upgrading digital capacities, and improving the capacity support team. The second activity Research and Innovation EcoSystem Improved, aims to improve the research and innovation ecosystem in Serbia by enhancing the functionality of eScience and launching an innovation in science challenge. The third activity - Outreach & Exposure to International Best Practices, focuses on outreach and exposure to international best practices by developing a communication strategy and plan, implementing promotional activities, and assisting the Ministry in identifying and implementing new ideas and best practices. Finally, the fourth activity - Using science to meet the SDGs, focuses on using science to meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by aligning targeted promotional activities with the Development Plan and Communication Strategy, with particular attention given to promoting STEM education and careers for women and girls, as well as facilitating the use of space and space available data (geolocation and satellite) to assist Serbia’s work in meeting the SDGs.
In collaboration with the Ministry for Public Investments, the Ministry of Science, Technological Development and Innovation (MoSTDI) places significant emphasis on capital investments and infrastructure projects in science. Under the "Research and Development in the Public Sector" Project, specifically in the group responsible for investments and monitoring the work and operations of organizations, the aim is to monitor and analyze the construction, financial, and other documentation associated with the project. These implemented initiatives aim to enhance the infrastructure network that supports scientific and innovative development. This is achieved by establishing and equipping centers of excellence, scientific research institutes, startup centers, scientific and technological parks, and other facilities, thereby strengthening the support network for researchers, scientists, and entities involved in innovative activities.
Coordination and monitoring of the project activities:
- Coordinate communication and collaboration between the Ministry of Science, Technological Development and Innovation (MoSTDI), consultants, and engineering team within the project "Research and Development in the Public Sector".
- Support in implementing monitoring systems of infrastructure initiatives within the project "Research and Development in the Public Sector".
- Support monitoring technical documentation for the construction of facilities within the implementation of infrastructure initiatives and record the progress.
- Coordination between relevant state-owned stakeholders to meet all required preconditions for construction.
- Assist in analyzing received reports on the progress and implementation of infrastructure and other projects within the MoSTDI.
- Support the Ministry regulations and plans, periodic and final reports on project implementation, as well as reports on the work of the technical implementation unit.
- Assist and organize field visits to provide in-time technical inputs to selected construction firms, to facilitate the quality and timely delivery according to approved specifications and as per best engineering practices.
- Support the reviews of drawings and documentation of conceptual and leading projects, providing final comments and suggestions on proposed solutions on behalf of the Ministry.
- Draft a progress report of the civil works on the project template and submit it to the Ministry.
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation systems for the performance of contractors working on various work packages by measuring, assessing, and appraising the works regarding design requirements.
- Assisted in developing specifications/TORs for projects that require the input of the civil engineer.
- Support strong partnerships with all partners and stakeholders (relevant local institutions, academia and CSOs) in the country.
- Support in creating high quality information and visibility of the project activities among the stakeholders.
- Facilitate regular communication on relevant project issues with the stakeholders with a focus on sustainability and exit strategy towards the end of the project.
Knowledge and Data Management
- Support in creating service center-wise project progress reports, plans of action, and other documentation per the provided template.
- Draft documents for progress, review, and steering committee meetings.
- Maintain records of project deliverables, documents, files, data, and materials that are part of the project.
- Carry out any other assignments related to the timely and effective implementation of the project as may be requested by the Project Manager.
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
- Minimum Secondary Education is required
- University Degree in engineering and technical science, or other related field, will be given due consideration
- Minimum 6 years (with Secondary education) or 3 years with Bachelor’s degree of progressively responsibility on project support, and engineering sector experience is required
- Good proficiency in MS office software
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Experience in UNDP/UN/International development agencies/ SCO is highly preferable.
- Experience and knowledge in implementing projects in related to the civil engineering.
- Knowledge on basic project management and development project management.
- Work experience in international organization and or government institutions would be desirable.
- Experience in communication with different state and international stakeholders.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.