Revamping/Infrastructure/Maintenance several projects for MoH Warehouses and Irbid vaccine store
1.Purpose of consultancy
Provide Bill of Quantity (BOQ) and work statement for the improvement, renovation, and expansion of a new vaccine store to be located in Irbid and Revamping the current infrastructure of the warehouses for MoH including provide guidance on the improvement, renovation, and expansion interventions of Bayt Illiqa.
WHO Jordan supporting Ministry of Health in the implementation of Revamping/Infrastructure/Maintenance of the current MoH warehouses. As a part of the supply chain improvement plan to enhance the storage conditions, conduct network warehouses maintenance and applying WHO Good Storage Practices (GSP); in accordance with MoH priorities and the strategic action plan 2023-2025
3.Work to be performed
Output 1: Implementation of the new Vaccine store in Irbid: Planning and Developing the Infrastructure Specifications and Design along with BoQ to Launch tender
• Deliverable 1.1: Data Collection, Documentation / Assessment of the existing Locations
• Deliverable1.2: Field verifications: to develop a base map, utilities including location, size and capacity etc… (Topographic Survey)
• Deliverable1.3: Study, Review and validate of the project’s specific needs, and developing the space,program, relation between different project components.
• Deliverable1.4: Geotechnical Investigation as required By JEA 6 Boreholes (4 x5m Depth 2 x 8m depth) 36LM
• Deliverable1.5: Preliminary Conceptual Design
• Output 2: Prepare Functional Diagram, Site plan, Circulation diagram, including services and public safety access points, Layouts, Elevations, Area analysis.
• Deliverable 2.1: Final Design Drawings for all disciplines fully coordinated with appropriate scale
• Deliverable 2.2: Bill of Quantities
• Deliverable 2.3: Engineering Cost Estimate, in UNIFORMAT (minimum level 4)
• Deliverable 2.4: Technical Specifications, in CSI Master Format, 16 Division
• Deliverable 2.5: Implementation plan and development schedule,
• Deliverable: 2.6: Tender Documents Packaging as follows:
• Document I. Tendering Procedure
• Document II. Condition of Contract
• Document III. Technical Conditions, comprising of the following:
â¢ Technical Specifications
â¢ Bills of Quantities
â¢ Priced Bills of Quantities
·Output 3 :Revamping the current infrastructure of the warehouses by conducting maintenance for the network warehouses and applying WHO Good Storage and Distribution Practices (GSDPs) for the existing regional warehouses.
• Deliverable 3.1:Visiting the existing regional warehouses in different governorates and determining the need to conduct maintenance, such as electrical, mechanical, and structural maintenance etc., and revamping, and the requested equipment, in cooperation with MoH and WHO.
•Output 4: Review the technical part of the TOR and assist WHO in launching the tender, including the bill of quantity (BOQs) and specifications.
• Deliverable 4.1 :Provide technical consultations.
• Deliverable 4.2: Providing clarifications to reply to the queries from the bidders.
• Deliverable 4.3 : Carry out detailed evaluation of the bids according to guidelines and give recommendation for award of the contract and contract agreement.
4.Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
First level university degree in civil engineering
At least 5 years of professional experience at the national level in civil engineer or any related field
Skills/Technical skills and knowledge:
Specific technical knowledge in the use of technical tools, knowledge of specific donors requirements, writing skills, etc.
Languages and level required:
English and Arabic
Read: Expert knowledge
Write: Expert knowledge
Speak: Expert knowledge
The Consultant is expected to perform her/his work at several governorate within, Jordan and WCO Office in Amman
6.Planned timelines (Subject to confirmation)
40 working days
Start date:03December 2023
End date: 31March 2024
The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
The Consultant is expected to travel to the location within Jordan
Note: All travel arrangements will be made by WHO. WHO will not be responsible for tickets purchased by the Consultant without the express, prior authorization of WHO. While on mission under the terms of this consultancy, the Consultant will receive subsistence allowance. Visas requirements: it is the consultant’s responsibility to fulfil visa requirements and ask for visa support letter(s) if needed.
·This vacancy notice may be used to identify candidates for other similar consultancies at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- If your candidature is retained for interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
·The WHO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The WHO recruits workforce regardless of disability status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, race, marital status, religious, cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, or any other personal characteristics.
The WHO is committed to achieving gender parity and geographical diversity in its workforce. Women, persons with disabilities, and nationals of unrepresented and underrepresented Member States (https://www.who.int/careers/diversity-equity-and-inclusion) are strongly encouraged to apply for WHO jobs.
Persons with disabilities can request reasonable accommodations to enable participation in the recruitment process. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be sent through an email email@example.com
·An impeccable record for integrity and professional ethical standards is essential. WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter (https://www.who.int/about/who-we-are/our-values) into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of short-listed candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Consultants shall perform the work as independent contractors in a personal capacity, and not as a representative of any entity or authority.
- WHO shall have no responsibility for any taxes, duties, social security contributions or other contributions payable by the Consultant. The Consultant shall be solely responsible for withholding and paying any taxes, duties, social security contributions and any other contributions which are applicable to the Consultant in each location/jurisdiction in which the work hereunder is performed, and the Consultant shall not be entitled to any reimbursement thereof by WHO.
- Please note that WHO’s contracts are conditional on members of the workforce confirming that they are vaccinated as required by WHO before undertaking a WHO assignment, except where a medical condition does not allow such vaccination, as certified by the WHO Staff Health and Wellbeing Services (SHW). The successful candidate will be asked to provide relevant evidence related to this condition. A copy of the updated vaccination card must be shared with WHO medical service in the medical clearance process. Please note that certain countries require proof of specific vaccinations for entry or exit. For example, official proof /certification of yellow fever vaccination is required to enter many countries. Country-specific vaccine recommendations can be found on the WHO international travel and Staff Health and Wellbeing website. For vaccination-related queries please directly contact SHW directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case the recruitment website does not display properly, please retry by: (i) checking that you have the latest version of the browser installed (Chrome, Edge or Firefox); (ii) clearing your browser history and opening the site in a new browser (not a new tab within the same browser); or (iii) retry accessing the website using Mozilla Firefox browser or using another device. Click the link for detailed guidance on completing job applications: Instructions for candidates.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: