Programme Associate -Tunisian only
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace, and security.
Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women Tunisia office works towards advancing national priorities in the areas of Governance and Women’s Political Participation, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Ending Violence against Women and Women, Peace and Security. The Representative is based in Tunis.
To support its programming and particularly the setting up of new programmes, UN Women Tunisia office is looking to hire a Programme Associate to support projects in Tunisia.
Under the direct supervision of UN Women Programme Coordinator, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to members of the programme team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Programme Associate contributes to financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative, and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff as required for resolving complex programme-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance on programme delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Coordinate the collection of information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
Provide advanced administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Monitor budget preparation and the finances of programmes;
- projects; prepare periodic reports; finalize FACE forms for implementing partners;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system, post transactions in Quantum;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Quantum;
- Prepare and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Quantum.
Provide advanced administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Oversee all logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Oversee travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations; contribute inputs to the materials;
- Provide guidance to Programme Assistants;
Provide monitoring and coordination support through the following field support
- Follow up with local partners on implementing activities, including the monitoring of work plans and activities.
- Closely work with the programme teams to facilitate the preparations and implementation of field activities, events, assessments.
- Liaise with the field officers to ensure timely progress of field activities.
- Support the production of any material needed for information purposes, such as reports, articles for the web, brochures, films, etc.
- Follow up on operations in the field, day to day management and delivery of the activities and facilitation of knowledge sharing.
- Provide timely data collection for reporting purpose.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Support synthesis of lessons learned, and best practices related to programme management and finance;
Consultants are expected to be equipped with all materials and equipment needed to perform theirsks, for exam taple laptop, software etc..
Key Performance Indicators
• Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
• Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
• Timely and accurate tracking of data for programme management and donor purposes;
• Quality maintenance of internal systems;
• Quality background and presentation materials.
|Prepare a monthly progress report on:
• Updates on programme activities and strategies.
• Updates on programme workplans and budgets, financial reports
• Respect for Diversity;
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
• Creative Problem Solving;
• Effective Communication;
• Inclusive Collaboration;
• Stakeholder Engagement;
• Leading by Example:
• Strong knowledge of programme management;
• Ability to create, edit, synthesize, and present information in clear and presentable formats;
• Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
• Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration, and implementation of new data management systems;
• Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
• Excellent financial and budgeting skills;
• Excellent IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences; Political Science (Economics Section), Business or Public Administration, development studies or other relevant degrees
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience at the national level in the development of programme/project implementation, with a particular focus on gender;
- Demonstrated experience in event management;
- Demonstrated experience in working on gender equality and governance;
- Experience in the use of Quantum is an asset;
- Fluency in French and English is required;
- Knowledge of another official UN Language is an asset;
- Proficiency with computer skills including Microsoft office (required), and Adobe Premiere (asset);
• Interested Individual Consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
• UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from ;
• A cover letter with a brief presentation of your consultancy explaining your suitability for the work and link to portfolio of work.
The above-mentioned documents should be merged into a standalone file including all of them, since the online application submission does only permit to upload one file per application. Incomplete submission can be a ground for disqualification.
In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality, and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW, and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits employ, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity, and organizational need.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)