Deputy Chief of Party
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
Roles and Responsibilities
URC is seeking qualified candidates to lead a major potential project involving strengthening malaria case management in Nigeria. The position is based in Nigeria and is expected to be a five year assignment. Specific responsibilities will include:
- In the absence of the Chief of Party, manage and supervise overall project implementation activities through the design and implementation overseeing long and short term technical assistance and project support, as well as partner organizations and other subgrantees involved at the state, district, and LGA levels.
- Manage the project’s administrative and financial systems
- Oversee project’s administrative and financial systems
- Liaise as required with USAID/Nigeria, the FMOH, NMCP, subcontracts and other USG-funded programs to ensure proper implementation practices
- Design and oversee annual project planning cycle with input from the COP, technical staff, and others
- Oversee provision of technical assistance on malaria related project activities
- Ensure monitoring and reporting of project results
- Minimum of eight years’ experience working on donor-funded projects with a minimum of 4-6 years on USAID contracts
- Experience with malaria public health projects a plus
- Applicants from Nigerian nationals highly desired
Please apply here
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated.**Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
- Organization: URC - University Research Company
- Location: Abuja (Nigeria)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30