Program Development (Business Development) Director - London
Position:Program Development (Business Development) Director – London, UK
Location:London, UK, with travel as necessary (estimated 30% travel)
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global change organization and home to teams of humanitarian professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Vice President of Program Development, the PD Director serves as a senior member of the Program Development Department, focused on donor engagement and strategic planning, program design and proposal development, and organizational/departmental development, with a special focus on European donors.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Donor Engagement and Strategic Planning (40%)
- Develop relationships with current and potential future donors and partners, including DFID, the EC, and other European bilateral and multilateral donors, as well as project implementation partners;
- Serve as Program Development focal point for information on existing and potential European donors;
- Represent RI in London, Brussels, Geneva (and other locations as necessary) at coordination meetings, conferences, and other external representation;
- Contribute to strategic planning in the area of program development; and,
- Work with program and PD colleagues to develop and maintain strategies for the development of existing country programs.
Program Design and Proposal Development (40%)
- Manage the process of development of concept papers, project proposals and responses to RFA/Ps, as needed;
- Lead program design processes, including contributions to logframes and M&E plans;
- Contribute to technical writing and review of proposals as appropriate; and,
- Travel to the field as necessary to assist in the aforementioned tasks.
Organizational and Departmental Development (20%)
- Liaise with and train staff on RI program desks and technical units to ensure that program development work is carried out according to policy and at a high standard;
- In the event of a possible RI response to an emergency situation, provide direct support to the RI Emergency Response Committee in formulating a strategy for intervention and supporting related program development activities;
- Participate in the weekly Program Development Department meeting; and,
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Successful proposal writing and partnership development track record;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, meeting deadlines;
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to follow instructions and carefully review work for accuracy;
- Ability to act independently to identify and analyze problems and recommend effective solutions;
- BA or MA in related field;
- At least seven years work experience in a related field showing progressive increases in assigned responsibility; and,
- Technical background in a specific humanitarian/development sector a plus (e.g., WASH, education, etc.).
- Familiarity with European donors strongtly preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
Application Procedure:To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, and three professional supervisory references (with contact information) HERE.
- Organization: Relief International
- Location: London
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30