Access to Finance Specialist (English and Arabic fluency)
IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a US based not-for-profit with a focus on supporting private enterprise in developing countries. We have worked in partnership with local people in 130 countries - mainly with the generous support of USAID - designing, implementing, managing and evaluating a wide range of market driven solutions along the entire value chain of a company or industry.
IESC is seeking an Access to Finance (A2F) Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Lebanon Investing in Finance and Entrepreneurship (LIFE). LIFE will be a microfinance support project, likely focused on job creation and entrepreneurship. This position will be full-time and be based in Beirut.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve access to finance for underserved areas through advising and assisting financial service providers (MFIs) to design and implement new financial services and products;
- Promote access to finance for youth and women;
- Serve as the principal liaison between financial institutions, including banks, micro finance institutions , impact investors, and other financial service providers .
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance , business administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum seven years of experience in banking or financial services;
- Experience in promoting access to finance for youth and women is desirable as well as knowledge of digital finance/mobile banking;
- Familiarity and experience with international development principles and practices;
- Experience working in Lebanon required and local hire preferred;
- Fluent in Arabic and English and proficiency in French preferred.
IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Visit the IESC website to apply: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IESCORG&cws=1&rid=88
- Organization: IESC – International Executive Service Corps
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Development Cooperation
- Finance and Banking
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30