IT Project Manager, Finance Systems
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." -Albert Einstein
Background / IRC Summary
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. IRC teams provide health care, infrastructure, learning and economic support to people in 40 countries, with special programs designed for women and children. Every year, the IRC resettles thousands of refugees in 22 U.S. cities. Learn more at Rescue.org and follow the IRC on Twitter & Facebook .
Job Overview / Summary
The Project Manager, Finance Systems is a position which requires strong organization skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well in a distributed, multicultural environment.
The person selected for this role will provide support and management of Finance and Supply Chain system implementation projects, help manage system solution selection and implementation of new modules or upgrades, and help drive continuous improvement to business processes and business results based on the capabilities of the system solutions.
The Project Manager, Finance Systems will work closely with business and technical leadership serving as a resource who brings forth opportunities to leverage finance and supply chain systems to better the business. This Project Manager will ensure the successful transfer of knowledge from vendors and implementation teams to the post-implementation support organization and all employees affected by the new system implementation.
The Project Manager, Finance Systems reports to the Director, Technology Program & Portfolio Management.
Job Function & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Maintaining project management of the finance and supply chain projects to meet the business of the IRC organization as outlined in appropriate business cases and articulated by the system steering committee
· Maintaining and controls the system project budget, schedule and resources
· Managing project scope, risk, and issue resolution
· Responsible for quality of project deliverables
· Responsible for project communications
· Responsible for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case and that it meets the reasonable expectations of end users
· May be responsible for procurement of system-related hardware, software, and services
Primary Contacts Will Include
· Line of business (LOB) managers for business users affected by the project
· IT line managers for all IT associates involved in the selection, design, implementation, rollout and/or update of finance, and supply chain applications
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related field; or equivalent work experience
· 4-6 years of IT and business/industry work
· Demonstrated experience in finance system (including procure-to-pay) project implementation (e.g., a project that realized its anticipated business benefits and was delivered in a timely manner within budgetary boundaries); supply chain system experience is desired but not required
· Experience with international projects or global rollouts, and experience in leading internationally distributed teams
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated track record
· Excellent management and team-building skills
· Ability to analyze, understand, and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation
· Business application life cycle management
· System development life cycle management
· Budget planning and management
· Working knowledge of applications being implemented
· Problem-solving, negotiation, and decision-making skills to influence management, as well as internal and external partners
· Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building
· Works well with others in an integrated team environment
· Self-motivated and a problem solver
· Experienced in facilitation and negotiating
· Intercultural competence
Preferred Additional Qualifications
· Experience in working within a Project Management Office (PMO) or equivalent structure
· Understanding of the challenges related to implementing organizational change in the sector
· Experience with Box document management, Salesforce Chatter, Trello, and WebEx
· A Project Management Professional certification (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) or other accredited source
· The position will work in the New York City Headquarters location and is expected to be on-site
· Standard office work environment
· Some international travel may be required
· Relocation assistance is not available for this role
To apply for this position, please submit your resume along with a brief * cover letter, all as 1 single MS Word or PDF document will be the best way to submit. In your cover letter please include the following 3 points:
Your current or most-recent salary & your salary requirements / salary expectations
Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description
Why you want to work for the IRC!
*Please submit a cover letter expressing your interest - those candidates who provide the requested cover letter will be given priority
Please apply through our website at www.rescue.org/careers and please let us know where you found our post!
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci4zMzU2MC4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20