Chief of Party
Mokhotlong | Maseru
MSH is seeking candidates for a for a five-year USAID/Lesotho health service program in Lesotho. The goal of the Strengthening Care & Treatment project is to increase effective and tested approaches for providing comprehensive and integrated HIV and AIDS care and treatment. Preference will be given to applicants with relevant experience in Lesotho.
The Chief of Party leads and manages the project and is accountable for project deliverables and results, with full accountability and authority for the development, execution, and monitoring of the project, including (1) vision and technical strategy; (2) project management; (3) documentation and communication; (4) client(s) and stakeholder(s) relationships; and (5) coordination and synergy with other MSH projects and collaboration with the MSH Country Representative and the Country Operations Management Unit (COMU).
This position is subject to project award and funding.
- The Chief of Party oversees implementation of program activities and provides high quality technical and strategic leadership, managerial oversight, and administration of the project.
- S/he serves as the primary project liaison from MSH to the donor and is accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of services is maintained at the highest standard, and that all project objectives and deliverables are met.
- S/he adapts and implements management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement, ensuring sufficient financial staff for disbursing all local costs under this project, monitoring and tracking expenditures, and preparing financial reports of project expenditures for submission to USAID.
- The Chief of Party collaborates with partners, donor, and stakeholder representatives, building and maintaining productive relationships.
- S/he supervises direct reports with a particular focus on achievement of their key tasks and project deliverables.
- S/he communicates, implements, and assures adherence to MSH and project policies, guidelines and values; develops staff skills and knowledge; and facilitates supervisee success and professional development whenever possible.
- The Chief of Party serves as the primary liaison for communication with USAID, US Government representatives, partners, civil society organizations, appropriate officials from the Government of Lesotho and representatives from other donor and development agencies.
- MPH, MBA or master’s level degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 12 years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing comprehensive and complex development assistance for HIV/AIDS and health programs in Africa.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, host country institutions, and international organizations.
- Demonstrated subject-matter expertise in two or more of the following areas: HIV and AIDS, TB, family planning/reproductive health, health service delivery, public-private partnerships; maternal/newborn or child health.
- Experience in interacting with host country agencies including central and local government, development partners, civil society and community based organizations is essential
- High level of interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Prior experience and success directing similar or larger international donor-funded projects; preference given to those with experience in Lesotho. Demonstrated strategic planning and visioning skills.
- Excellent skills and experience in collaborative working relationships with senior level government leadership
- Proven record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with project mission and vision.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, cross-cultural, collaboration and negotiation skills are essential.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to travel within project areas as needed.
- Excellent written communication in English is required.
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to make timely effective decisions
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia and Medford, Massachusetts US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live by our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Project Director Supervisor
Visit the MSH website to APPLY!
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Mokhotlong | Maseru
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Public Health and Health Service
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30