Project Manager, Outcomes & Evidence, Research & Development
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC has defined a new strategic mission and vision, with strategic objectives that will be realized through specific initiatives, as part of the overall IRC strategy implementation. Two of these initiatives are Outcomes & Evidence and Research & Development, aimed at improving the effectiveness of our interventions and investing in the research, development and demonstration of new interventions and delivery models. These two initiatives are owned by the IRC's Research, Evaluation & Learning team.
This role is responsible for project management of the Outcomes & Evidence and Research & Development initiatives. This is a challenging position which requires strong organization skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well in a distributed, multicultural environment.
The role reports to the Senior Director of Research, Evaluation & Learning and will work closely with the delivery leads of each of the two initiatives for Outcomes & Evidence and Research & Development, as well as other colleagues across the IRC.
- Complete project planning and scheduling for the initiatives, from the high-level planning phase to detailed short-term activity scheduling.
- Provide timely input to the Strategy Implementation governance and progress reporting processes.
- Support Initiative and Delivery Owners effectively, and ensure that dependencies, conflicts and risks are coordinated across other initiatives.
- Drive project progress and coordinate the activities of cross-functional team members, including task and action tracking.
- Proactively manage project risks, dependencies, issues, gaps and resource conflicts.
- Engage and facilitate meetings with stakeholders across globally distributed business units, and coordinate stakeholder communications.
- Ensure that project communications are timely, relevant and accurate, including regular status updates.
- Provide input to budget management processes so that expenditure can be tracked and accurate projections can be maintained.
- Support the project teams in their use of tools for documents management, collaboration and task management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with at least 4 years of progressive experience as a project coordinator or project manager
- Experience in project managing large-scale, cross-functional projects
- Experience in facilitating governance processes
- Excellent writing, presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Skills in managing and reporting budgets
- Experience in using project management methodologies, templates, tools and processes
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, documents management solutions and project management tools
Preferred Additional Requirements
- Experience in working with a Project Management Office, or equivalent structure
- Understanding of the challenges related to implementing organizational change in the sector
- Experience with Box document management and WebEx
- Knowledge of French or Arabic
- Project Management certification
- Standard office work environment
- Some travel as needed
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l'Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l'exploitation et les abus, la protection de l'enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l'intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci43ODEwMC4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Scientist and Researcher
- Operations and Administrations
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Policy and Administration
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-09-28