Pricing and Budget Assistant, Social Impact, Arlington, VA
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is seeking a Pricing and Budget Assistant to support the preparation of cost proposals across a wide range of contracting mechanisms, assist in the preparation of the annual corporate budget, contribute to monthly financial reports, and work on a variety of special projects in budgeting and finance. This position reports to the Pricing and Budget Specialist. This is an entry-level position.
- Prepare task order budgets for existing IDIQ contracts.
- Support the development of cost/business proposals for submission to clients.
- Provide support to staff on budget development and management; assist with client reporting requirements and internal analysis needs.
- Conduct price and/or cost analyses of subcontractor proposals and quotes.
- Support the preparation of reports and analyses to inform strategic planning and decision-making.
- Assist in the development and delivery of budget training modules.
- Prepare reports and documentation as-needed for the development of the annual corporate budget.
- Perform other budgeting or analytical tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant coursework and internships.
- Skilled in use of MS Excel.
- Ability to manage deadlines and inputs from multiple partners.
- Self-starter; proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment, and to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English, written and oral.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interest in international development operations and financial management.
- U.S. Work Authorization.
- Some experience and coursework in budget preparation.
- Familiarity with finance concepts and analysis.
- Ability to communicate with international partners.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
- Cultural awareness, sensitivity and responsiveness to overseas field office personnel.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply, please visit our website: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=386
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
- Organization: Social Impact
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Junior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Social studies
- Administrative support
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2015-09-25