Senior Travel Analyst
Medford | Washington D.C.
Under the overall direction of the Acting Director of International Procurement, the MSH Senior Travel Analyst is responsible for supporting MSH’s Travel Program including analysis of processes and technology related to business travel with the objective of making the program more efficient and effective. This individual will oversee the corporate relationship with MSH’s off-site travel service, Atlas Travel. This includes taking part in maintaining relationships with key suppliers in an effort to establish corporate rates while administering and communication MSH’s travel related policies and procedures. The MSH Senior Travel Analyst is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
Oversee coordination of the travel program and technology at MSH 70%
- Oversee the process for documentation of the budgetary and donor (when applicable) approval for travel, documenting the purchase of travel and oversight of the reconciliation process for the travel purchases.
- Manage and design the automation of the above processes preferably within the Proactis system.
- In coordination with MSH’s Accounting department, ensure the expense reimbursement program and process is both efficient and effective for MSH travelers.
- Oversee the relationship with MSH’s travel agency, Atlas Travel, and oversee the work of any seconded travel staff to MSH. When necessary, educate the agency on MSH’s Business Travel Policy and related procedures.
- Coordinate and implement vendor relationships including support of negotiating hotel direct billing rates/agreements and preferred airline agreements.
- Provide customer service to MSH travelers to address travel related issues outside the scope of the agency.
Provide oversight and administration of all MSH travel related policies and procedures 20%
- In coordination with compliance SMEs and policy writers in Atlas, coordinate the implementation of a MSH Business Travel Policy; assist in the development of standard operating procedures for hotel, travel and conference bookings, the expense reimbursement program, and other related SOPs.
- Monitor compliance with the MSH Business Travel Policy and Procedures.
Training of MSH staff 10%
- Provide training to MSH staff regarding MSH Business Travel Policy and all related SOPs.
- Develop training material for in-person, online and other training formats.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in supporting and administering Corporate programs in compliance with organizational policies & procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Experience in administration of complicated processes.
- Good writing and communications skills and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Exemplary customer service, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of donor travel regulations, including FAR, AIDAR and the Federal Travel Regulations is preferred.
- Limited travel requirements.
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10 lbs.
Please upload your cover letter and resume as one Word Document when attaching your resume to your online application.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Acting Director, International Procurement
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Medford | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30