Risk Management Director
Erbil | Baghdad
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 06 months
As a key member of the Senior Management Team, you will provide overall leadership and technical assistance for all aspects related to grants management, awards management, partnerships, Risk and compliance.
Qualifications and experience
- MBA Finance/ACMA/CPA/CA Part qualified.
- At least 5-7 years' experience overseeing and managing complex multi grant management and compliance systems.
- A "Can do" and service oriented attitude
- Excellent management and communications skills
- Ability to work independently to a high professional standards
- Sensitive to the cultural & political environment
- Fluent spoken & written English language
- Prior experience in Middle East
- Fluent in Arabic or Kurdish
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'email@example.com'
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Erbil | Baghdad
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-09-15