A NUTRITION SURVEILLANCE EXPERT - SIERRA LEONE
Freetown (Sierra Leone)
We are looking for A NUTRITION SURVEILLANCE EXPERT
Context:Sierra Leone, based in Kambia and Moyamba
Taking into account its experience in and its presence in the communities, ACF play a role in the following fields: sensitization of the communities, contact tracking and provision of appropriate hygiene measures, food aid and mental health and care practices.
If you want to know more about Ebola Emergency Response of ACF, visit our blog: http://blog.actioncontrelafaim.org/ebola
Length of Contract: 5 months, starting until the 01st of August 2015
The position: Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, you will be in charge to contribute towards strengthening, developing and monitoring of EVD/Disease surveillance related interventions in partnership with governmental and non-governmental agencies**.**
More specially, you will be in charge to:
· Contribute to the definition and implementation of ACF policies, positioning and strategies in promoting effective community surveillance in the District
- Implement the mission’s overall strategy on EVD response
- Participate in the development of the surveillance section of the emergency response plan
- Promote transversal integration of surveillance section with other sectors
- Provide leadership to the surveillance team in ensuring effective implementation of community based surveillance events
- Provide the necessary support to the surveillance pillar and other partners to ensure effective case investigations and contact tracing within the district
· Contribute to the identification of needs, definition and formulation of surveillance sector:
- Provide detailed assessment reports to inform possible new interventions in programming
- Participate in the surveillance related initiatives and interventions conducted at the district level
- Participate in projects proposal developments especially in providing technical support
- Utilize active participatory approaches in identification and addressing issues in the community including involvement of local authority and other key actors in community
· Ensure project implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Establish training and skills development needs for the Surveillance teams
- Develop technical guidelines for the implementation of Surveillance project(s)
- Ensure donors compliance in specific grant implemented
- Ensure ACF’s safety rules and guidelines are at all times observed
· Contribute to evaluation, accountability and impact measurement of the project
· Ensure ACF representation in the District forums including coordination and collaboration with other actors
· Recruit, manage, supervise and train the team
· Contribute to capitalization and technical development in the project
The applicant:You hold a post-graduate degree in public health and/or nutrition and/or epidemiologist, with extensive professional experience in the field in health and nutrition surveillance system. Successful applicants will demonstrate proven experience in partnership and workshop facilitation. You are also recognized for your strong monitoring and analytical skills. You have good communication skills.
Command of SMART, SPSS and data analysis software is highly recommended.
A first experience in ACF will be an asset.
A previous experience in Western Africa will be a plus.
Fluent English required.
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective or individual accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
Pre departure training, at the HQ in Paris (1 to 2 weeks)
Motivating Job Prospects in the medium and long term
To apply, please visit : http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/1012/A-Nutrition-Surveillance-Expert/
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: Freetown (Sierra Leone)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-09-28