New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
Job Overview / Summary:
The Graphic Designer, generates visual creative and administers visual identity guidelines to support the work of the IRC's marketing and communications efforts, with an emphasis on servicing the US Programs Department, including USP regional offices. The Graphic Designer shall serve as the main point of contact for USP colleagues involved in the creation and use of visual identity materials, ensuring that they appropriately reflect the IRC's brand, and accurately represent the IRC's work while maintaining the highest professional standards of quality. The position is based at IRC headquarters in New York, reports to the Associate Director of Brand and Creative, and works closely with colleagues in the Brand Marketing and Creative unit, the Communications team, as well as the Revenue department, the USP network of 22 U.S. offices, and USP regional and headquarters colleagues.
1 Design and produce a variety of graphics and materials for print and web, in adherence with IRC brand standards, specifically in support of the IRC's US Programs department and regional offices. Projects include: marketing collateral, identity collateral, publications, events collateral, print and digital advertising, web and social media graphics and direct response materials. 2 Review content and/or design created by local offices for accurate representation of the IRC brand and core messages. 3 Guide other IRC staff, including non-external relations colleagues, especially in the USP offices, on development and production of IRC branded materials. 4 Assist in the collection and trafficking of photos as well as maintenance of the IRC's extensive online image management system, with special attention on US Programs submissions and requests.
Education: Bachelor of Arts degree in graphic design, fine arts, or related field, or equivalent hands-on experience in graphic design.
Minimum: 4 years previous professional experience designing for print and web, with experience in production.
- Experience designing for non-profit clients and working as part of an in-house creative team.
- Experience working with digital asset, email and content management systems .
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated understanding of type, color, layout, photo editing, and advertising and editorial design, evidenced by a solid portfolio of work.
- Proven ability to visually communicate complicated ideas in a simple but appealing presentation.
- Expert knowledge of CS6, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Knowledge of HTML, XHTML & CSS.
- Experience in print and digital production techniques.
- Exceptional attention to detail, visual problem-solving skills, and understanding of branding best practices.
Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage own projects, handle multiple projects simultaneously, coordinate schedules and approvals with colleagues, and work under pressure.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Effective communicator with solid business writing abilities.
- Comfortable leading trainings and giving direction to non-design professionals.
- Knowledge of Flash and best practices in animated digital advertising production
- Writing and proofreading skills
Working Environment (Optional): Standard office work environment.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci45MzQyNi4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Communication and Public Information
- Education, Learning and Training
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-10-25