Sierra Leone – Head of Base Logistician/Administrator - Bonthe
Bonthe | Freetown
Posted on: 28/08/2015
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months (possible extension + 3 )
You can find all the information about the Solidarités International (SI) Sierra Leone's mission here: http://solidarites.org/en/our-missions/ebola-sierra-leone
SI has been working in Sierra Leone since Nov. 2014 to help to stop the progression of Ebola. SI works in partnership with Medicos del Mundo (MDM) in the Ebola Treatment Centre (ETC) of Moyamba District. MDM is in charge of clinical and psychosocial management while SI is responsible for the WASH and IPC (Infection, Prevention and Control) management as well as logistical support within the centre.
The ETC of Moyamba became a holding centre in April 2015 in order to face the expected rise in malaria cases during the rainy season, which presents some of the same symptoms as the EVD (Ebola Virus disease). In parallel with the decrease of confirmed cases in the district of Moyamba, SI developed outreach activities to ensure a smooth transition between the EVD outbreak crisis and the early recovery stage.
After assessing needs at national level, SI decided to send an assessment team in the coastal district of Bonthe, largely underserved in terms of access to WASH.
Specific context of the area in which the expatriate will be working:
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is firmly committed to staff safety, security and well-being. Specific procedures and protocols are in place for the Ebola response at both HQ and field levels. These include:
- Pre-departure preparation: Ebola training, general briefing, medical check-up and psychological briefings (individual and team work);
- Support during the mission (medical and psychological support) as well as strict adherence to infection prevention and control measures;
- Post-mission follow-up including: general debriefing, psychological debriefing and a 21-day surveillance.
As Head of base:
- He/she is the security referent on the base, by order of the head of mission, and he/she ensures compliance with all of Solidarités International’s rules and procedures.
- The base manager ensures the representation with local authorities , concerning the security and access issues at base level.
-He/she is in charge of life on the base and ensures good communication between the different services.
As Logistician/ Administrator:
The Administrator – Logistician carries out administrative, accounting, financial and logistics management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures
He/she organizes logistics and administrative support to the programs
The administrator – Logistician ensures that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented
The main tasks are:
- Administrative management of personnel
- Logistics and administrative team management
- Budgetary / financial monitoring
- Supply management
- Vehicle/ Boat fleet management
- Equipement/telecommunication management
- Management and monitoring of IT equipments
- Stock management
- Security and safety folow up
- Post graduate level in finance or logistician (e.g BIOFORCE training)
- At least 2 years experiences in Admin/Log position
- Experience of budget management
Technical skill and competence:
- Knowledge on SI procedures
- Teaching skills is a must
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel and (optional) Homere
- Strong organizational skills is require
- Capacity to prioritize
- Good problem solving skills in day to day
Language :Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
Salaried post: According to experience from 1600 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 780 dollars.
Solidarités International will cover accommodation and travel expenses from the expatriate’s home country to the site of the assignment.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
CONTACT :Kien Vy LAM, Recruitment and Follow Up Officer
- Organization: Solidarités International
- Location: Bonthe | Freetown
- Grade: Junior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2015-09-16