E-Learning Associate/Manager, Social Impact, Arlington, VA
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
The E-Learning Associate/Manager at Social Impact is a critical role that is responsible for ensuring a high-quality customer experience by designing, developing and perfecting course content for our cutting-edge on-line learning courses in Articulate Storyline 2. The customers of our on-line trainings are international development practitioners who represent SI on overseas assignments and SI’s HQ staff based in Arlington.
The E-Learning Associate/Manager will work with SI’s program staff and selected international client agencies to develop and refine on-line course content. Additionally, the incumbent will work with SI’s Corporate Operations Teams to design and develop on-line and blended learning staff orientation and training programs based on existing face-to-face training programs.
If you are hungry to apply your on-line and blended learning skills to international programs, and you are an excellent manager with a proven track record of designing, developing and implementing high quality on-line courses using Articulate, then we want to hear from you!
- Design, develop, manage and maintain several of SI’s on-line courses in Articulate using SI’s Style Guide and on-line course format.
- Engage with SI staff who have developed course content and adapt and develop that content for on-line course Engage with SI staff implementing training courses to develop content for e-learning support to in-person training contracts. These include needs assessments, supplementary materials and resource libraries
- Perform core content checks including watching through content diligently and taking note of all errors and issues; Keep bug lists organized and up-to-date and promptly resolve problems.
- Track “course health” including keeping an up-to-date report on current “course health” as a means of prioritizing issues worth fixing.
- Perform regular customer experience checks including regularly checking-in with customers to ensure high quality & simulating the customer experience to find problem areas.
- Prioritize, then advocate to the appropriate SI content teams what must be done to improve the customer experience.
- Fight for the customer and make sure that important issues are solved in a timely fashion.
- Assist in developing proposals for new on-line courses for SI clients such as the United States Agency for International Development, State Department, the World Bank and UN organizations.
- MA Degree in Education or International Development Education; Coursework in Online Curriculum Design, Technology, Information Systems or related.
- Minimum 2 years successful track record designing, developing and managing high quality on-line courses using Articulate Storyline 2.
- Highest attention to detail is critical; intolerance of errors or less-than-excellent customer experience
- Tech Savvy with ability to dig deep into tech issues in order to make sure things are working correctly
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and communicate effectively with international clients and customers.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply, please visit our website: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=411
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
- Organization: Social Impact
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid level
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Social studies
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-10-30