Operations Manager, Cambodia
For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
Operations Manager, Cambodia
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking an Operations Manger for an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Project in Cambodia. The project’s primary focus is to improve food security through enhanced agricultural development and rational management of natural resources and to in directly support local procurement reform, science and technology and innovation, strengthening monitoring and evaluation. Possible start date is January 2016 and this key position is subject to ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program.
· Take the lead in quick startup of offices and local hiring upon award.
- Establish the administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the achievements of the goals and objectives of the project, ensuring cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments.
· Supervise staff and facilitate communication between staff and the COP.
· In coordination with the COP, monitor and manage the overall daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual activities related to financial, HR, and managerial operations in all project offices to ensure timely achievement of project objectives and overall project compliance with the policies and regulations of USAID, ACDI/VOCA, and local authorities.
· Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place and understandable by staff.
- Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender-related and culturally sensitive issues.
· Specific to grants management, assist Grants Manager with oversight of activities of ACDI/VOCA sub-recipients and ensure proper coordination and timely implementation of grantee activities.
· Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events as required.
· Advanced graduate degree, such as a Master’s in business administration, business management or related fields preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project operations and financial management with an international development organization, bilateral or multilateral development institution required.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in USAID rules and regulations with a demonstrated capacity to manage grants and ensure compliance with regulations required.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and lead teams and monitor staff performance.
- Methodical and hands-on professional, ready to undertake a high level of responsibility with a proactive attitude.
· Strong computer skills required. Must be confident in Microsoft Office applications; database and QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Strong communications skills (oral, written, cross-cultural) are required.
· Fluency in English required.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E5556B361D43515B7E59192F7757176F07627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
- Organization: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Grade: Mid level
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30