Human Resources Manager
Reference:DD/HRM/LI Country: Liberia**Job Title:** Human Resources Manager
Contract Grade: B
Contract Length: 6 months
Date Needed By: ASAP
New Post or Replacement: Replacement
Accompanied / Unaccompanied: Unaccompanied
Exact Job Location: Monrovia with travel to support programme areas
Reports To: Systems Director
Under the line management of the Systems Director, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for managing the human resources function for Concern Liberia Programme based in Monrovia, with frequent travel to support programme areas. The HRM will operate in line with all Concern operational and security policies and procedures.
The HR Manager must be skilled in the area of HR management in development and emergency situations and have the capacity to work with others whilst at the same time delivering expected results. Good time management skills and the ability to respond positively and constructively to a rapid changing operational environment are also key competencies.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage the HR Department based on a thorough understanding of effective national staff recruitment and national labour law and related procedures and protocols
· Line manage the current HR Officer; recruit and train a national HR Manager; provide technical guidance and support to field HR Assistants
· Promote and ensure compliance with the requirements of Concern’s Programme participant Protection Policy and Implementation of Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) standards – including community based complaint and response mechanisms in order to ensure maximum protection to programme beneficiaries
· Revise Concern’s existing remuneration and benefits package for local staff in comparison with other agencies and provide informed recommendations for senior management – to include per diems and other financial and non-financial benefits
· Revise the national staff HR manual in line with Concern’s global HR policy and national labour laws
· Establish and maintain a comprehensive confidential electronic and paper data base/filing system for all employees – national and international
· Oversee recruitment of all local staff posts to ensure all vacancies are filled with the right people in a timely manner. This includes job identification, assisting job description preparation or review, staff vacancy request, vacancy announcement, shortlisting, setting up interviews, reference checks, employee contracts and induction
· Provide informed and confidential advice for staff with regard to understanding entitlements etc.
· Establish confidential grievance and complaint procedures that staff can rely upon. Manage collective and individual staff grievances seeking advice from senior management as required and in accordance with grievance policies
· Prepare and review HR budget as required including for cash forecasting of payroll
· Provide support to managers in preparation of job descriptions
o Review Job Descriptions of new posts in consultation with relevant line managers
o Periodically review all categories of national staff job descriptions and amend as necessary in light of actual job functions
· Manage payroll of national staff in liaison with Finance team to ensure all local staff receive the correct monthly payments on time
· Maintain accurate records of staff leave etc. and ensure all staff are aware of entitlements and procedures for applying for leave etc.
· Ensure the implementation of Performance Development Review and probation system, ensuring that it operates equitably and consistently across the organization
· Ensure exit interviews are carried out with all staff leaving Concern and undertake analysis of these
· Oversee staff development plans that meet individual and organisational development needs
· Maintain an updated organogram of the organization
· Update Head Office as required in regards to movements, leave and other relevant HR matters in regards to international staff
· Effectively manage and support staff reporting to this position
· Ensure that the programme is meeting its commitments to providing a safe working environment
§ Bachelor degree in relevant discipline such as HR Management or Business Management
Skills, Qualifications, Experience and Attitude Required
§ Good command of Microsoft Office Professional
§ At least 3 years demonstrated work experience in HR systems or equivalent
§ Experience in working in the humanitarian sector and in insecure complex emergency situations
§ Experience in personnel management
§ Good communication skills i.e. advisory/instruction skills, network skills, team building skills
§ English Oral and written skills essential
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.netby closing date 12th June 2015. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Concern has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Staff Code of Conduct candidates acknowledge that they have understood the contents of both the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and the Programme Participant Protection Policy and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these two documents.
Concern receives a substantial amount of funding from external donors each year. Increasingly donors are introducing requirements whereby future funding is conditional on Concern ensuring that the names of any new employee or volunteer do not appear on terrorism lists generated by the European Union (List of person, groups and entities to which Regulation (EC No. 2580/2001 applies), the US Government (Office of Foreign Assets Control list of specially designated Nationals and Blocked Persons) and the United Nations (Consolidated List). Any offer of employment (either paid or voluntary) with Concern Worldwide will not be made pending a clearance check being conducted on the applicant. For additional information please consult our web site or contact the Human Resource Division in our Head Office.
Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To apply, please follow the below link:
- Organization: Concern Worldwide
- Location: Monrovia
- Grade: Junior
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2015-09-23