Chief of Party - Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract - Democratic Republic of Congo
USAID/Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) intends to solicit and award a contract to provide
coordination, monitoring, evaluation, analytic, and research services for the Mission’s Country
Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and a Joint Education Program between the USAID/DRC and the United Kingdom Government (represented by the U.K. Department for International Development [DFID]). For the purpose of this SOW, the Contractor will provide to USAID performance management services to monitor, evaluate, and assess implementation of the Mission’s CDCS. The Contractor will also provide coordination, monitoring, evaluation, analytic, and research services for the USAID/ DFID Joint Education Program.
CAMRIS is seeking a top-notch Chief of Party (COP) who will be based in Kinshasa-based, full time to manage the entire contract and ensure that quality standards and schedules are met. The COP will define and manage overall contract requirements, including staffing and cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve this contract’s objectives. Her/his primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the
Contract, ensuring an integrated understanding among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the SOW. The individual must ensure that performance monitoring, action research, and evaluations are consistent with contract deliverables. In collaboration with the Co-Deputy, identified below, this individual will be expected to identify issues and concerns related to
Contract tasks in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate adjustments. The COP makes operational decisions and manages the various components of the Contract, including any subcontracts. He/she must ensure high quality deliverables, and relevant and timely reporting. This individual must participate and engage in technical meetings and maintain positive relationships with GDRC officials, partners, and IPs.
His/her primary responsibilities shall include:
• Serving as the main point of contact between USAID (and DFID as appropriate) and the Contractor and reporting to both.
• Ensuring effective and efficient performance for all aspects of this contract, overseeing all quality control and reporting.
• Interacting professionally with senior Mission staff, implementing partners, and government officials.
• As requested, conduct or support events and seminars that promote collaboration and learning between
• USAID, DFID, implementing partners and other stakeholders, in addition to events and seminars that publicize major findings and/or disseminate final evaluation reports, as part of USAID/DRC’s learning agenda.
The Chief of Party (COP) must have:
• At least 15 years of experience in international development, including experience and/or technical knowledge in designing, managing, and evaluating multi-million dollar development projects.
• At least 5 years of experience as a COP or senior field management experience such as Project
• Director, Regional Director or Country Director roles demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
• Prior experience managing and conducting large scale performance and impact evaluations across a diverse range of sectors.
• Prior experience supervising long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
• A graduate degree in the field of management, international development or a related technical field, or a bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in addition to the required minimums.
• Excellent English writing skills and excellent English and French speaking ability are required.
• Prior experience working in DRC and/or the Great Lakes region is preferred.
If interested in this opportunity please provide an updated copy of your resume as well as a USAID 1420 form and three professional references with contact information (email and phone) as well as their relationship to you to email@example.com with "COP/DRC in the subject line. Only finalist will be contacted.
- Organization: CAMRIS International, Inc.
- Location: Kinshasa
- Grade: Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-09-24