Senior Director, Strategic Operations
New York City | Washington D.C
IRC's Revenue department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee's financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC's strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people's lives in conflict and fragile settings. Revenue comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, brand, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liason, corporate partnerships and communications to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA - but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
Revenue is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC's ability to 'punch above its weight' in income and awareness. We will be defining a new name and identity for the Department, building a new culture and supporting our colleagues in their efforts to deliver transformational and best in class work. At the same time - believing that the root of success lie in a high performance team and culture - we need to build our internal infrastructure - ensure we build a strong global team, the dynamic culture, forward thinking ethos, and 21st C reporting, operational and business management practices that will help it achieve its ambitious goals.
The Senior Director of Strategic Operations will work in close partnership with the SVP Revenue. S/he will steward the development of the new strategy and work closely on the global roll out and delivery planning that follows to ensure that all aspects of Revenue's planning, decision making and day to day conduct become strategically congruent. They will be the operational lead of the Revenue business - ensuring that we internally build a team, process and culture which ensures Revenue is best placed to succeed. Working closely with all Revenue senior leaders, this important role will ensure that the Department builds strong delivery partnerships with IRC's Operational teams (International Programmes, Policy and Practice and US Programs) and with HR, Finance and IT services. They will help the SVP create the most exciting, disciplined, creative and high performing global international fundraising operation.
- Lead in the implementation process of the entirety of the new Revenue Private Sector Strategy (2015) and a planned Government Donor Strategy (2016) - in particular ensuring that all teams, internal changes, mechanisms and metrics are inspired, re-aligned and delivered with high focus on delivery and impact.
- Lead in the creation of a detailed, budgeted strategy rollout plan that covers all Revenue functions and ensures clear, sequenced, and measurable project and change delivery.
- Act as 'chief of staff' for SVP Revenue - ensuring that across the span of the Department (globally) we run an effective and cohesive operation.
- Act as partner and support to the senior colleagues of Revenue - providing structure and support to enable & facilitate (rather than control.)
- Support (working alongside the Business Operations Director) the financial development and narrative for the global IRC budget process - and the Revenue Dept budget contribution/requirements - ensuring clear alignment with agreed strategic goals.
- Establish a single clear approach to manage dashboard and detailed reporting and business management processes that allow for nimble and data driven decision making, and support colleagues in aligning with the agreed approach.
- Create and run Revenue rhythm of the business - the regular meetings, decisions, and key technical and priority setting processes required to bring coherence and coordination to a global department.
- Lead the delivery of a coherent approach to project planning and create Revenue project planning heat map and tracking tools - to drive toward greater performance, focused prioritization and open transparent communication.
- Support and understand the frameworks and ways of working that create best support for creative and digital innovation
- Lead the delivery of a coherent approach to pro-active liaison with the President's office to ensure a cohesive and tightly managed response to all the Revenue opportunities and requirements initiated by the President's liaison on behalf of IRC.
- Support SVP in strategic effort to strengthen relationships, collaboration and prioritization with HQ and regional and country leadership, serving as a key partner, relationship builder and leader in Revenue collaboration with IRC Departments and IRC's 34 country offices and regional leaders. This to include - through liaison with Revenue Department Manager - setting a high standard for all field support, field visits and field engagement.
- Work with SVP and HR Partner to recruit and develop a high performance workforce & workforce planning across department.
- Supporting the SVP to create and maintain a results-driven, action-oriented and empowering culture where generosity, ideas, professional growth and humor flourish
- Develop strategies to support positive change management and harness the depth of knowledge and experience of the teams to champion new ways of working together.
- Minimum 10-years work experience in modern high performance fundraising, marketing, brand or account management environments.
- Developed understanding of the appropriate ways of working and business standards required to create a high performing & accountable environment for creative and dynamic colleague working.
- Experience in organizational problem solving, operations, high performance management in complex but low resource organizations
- MBA required
- Management consulting or equivalent experience,
- Proven track record in successful change management and knowledge of organizational development approaches and practices
- Core competencies in strategic planning, business performance measurement/management, portfolio management and lean business process development
- Strong analytic skills and fluency in financial management
- Rigorous and critical thinker, able to ask probing clear questions and drive toward solutions quickly
- Predisposition toward simple and practical solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative, high energy, good humoured and creative leader.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in international contexts and other languages than English preferred.
Local based candidates are preferred with the ability to start within 2-4 weeks of offer. However Revenue plans to build a diverse and internationally experienced senior team - strong consideration will be given to applicants of any location who strongly demonstrate the required skill set.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmFjaGFlbGcuMDU5MzAuMzgzMEBpcmMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Location: New York City | Washington D.C
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-11-01