Operations Clerk Half-time
Los Angeles (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
****OPEN FOR INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES****
****Reference No: VN 2015/04 OPS Clerk three positions at LAX****
****Duty Station:****Los Angeles, USA
****Position Title:****Operations Clerk
****Classification:****Employee, Grade 3, Part Time – 50%
****Starting date:****01 December 2015
****Type of Appointment:****One year with the possibility of extension* (6 months - probation period)
****Organizational Location:****POE Operations_IOM – LOS ANGELES
Only US citizens and residents may apply.
Under the overall supervision of the POE Manager at IOM New York and the direct supervision of the POE Supervisor at LAX Airport the incumbent will be responsible for the performance of routine and specialized operational tasks including daily USRAP resettlement activities: receiving and transmitting USRAP related data related to Airport functions.
- Review the arrival schedule and re-confirm estimated arrival times on a daily basis.
- Communicate with counterparts; including Government, state and airport authorities, Airlines, and Vendors.
- Review incoming email correspondence and retrieve departure and transit notifications.
- Prepare flight folders and packages for next day.
- Review incoming email correspondence and respond/take action as needed.
- Prepare and process hotel vouchers and domestic booking sheets prior to flight arrivals.
- Print Lanyards and DTE (POT) envelopes from RMI, print I-94, US Customs, Dec and PN’s.
- Process MCO for flights.
- Serve as a back-up in validating Domestic Bookings in RMI and data in I-GATOR.
- Notify New York Operations and relevant agencies of rebooking’s, incident reports, emergencies and other flight changes.
- Contact Resettlement Agency After Hours Contacts (AOC) as required.
- Finalize all required Hotel/Transportation and meal vouchers and inform service providers accordingly
Field Operations responsibilities:
- Communicate and reconfirm daily flight arrivals with CBP.
- Supervise flights, resolve any problems or incidents that arise and take appropriate action in coordination with POE Supervisor/Deputy.
- Supervise staff and perform quality assurance of documents for arriving passengers.
- Prepare and distribute staff work assignments.
- Supervise and coordinate transportation to and from the airports and hotels
Air Ticket Validation Procedures:
- Certify tickets as used or unused once particular proflights have departed;
- Update and validate domestic bookings in RMI based on actual departure details;
- Create and validate Ticket Order Records (TORs) in iGator, including amendments, if necessary;
- Update ticket status to “Used”; and
- Coordinate with NY Accounting for discrepancies between entries in iGator
Train and supervise newly hired staff
- Perform other functions as may be required.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Secondary school diploma
- At least 3 years of academic qualifications plus professional experience preferably in the airlines or travel agency.
- Leadership skills required.
- Must have accuracy in handling and reporting data.
- Mature individual, with flexibility and able to work on overtime, when requested.
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in Excel MS Outlook, MS Word, Internet Explorer Web based applications
- Knowledge of computerized airline reservation system, preferably AMADEUS. Existing knowledge of IOM movement management tools such as HIT, MiMOSA, I-Gator, RMI and SIMA is a distinct advantage. Sound knowledge of geography, knowledge of global airline routings is an advantage.
Creativity and Initiative
Leadership and Negotiation
Planning and Organizing
Fluent English (written and oral)
Knowledge of Burmese, Nepalese, Bhutanese, Arabic, Ki-Swahili, French, Spanish, or Somali would be an advantage
****How to apply:****
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to Virginia Salvatore at email@example.com by 30 September 2015 referring to this advertisement.
Internal candidates should submit a letter of interest and complete the Internal Application form.
External candidates should submit up-to-date curriculum vitae or a completed IOM Personal History Form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Los Angeles (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30