CONSULTANCY: Development of Sex Worker Life Stories Documentation
Sex workers in Zimbabwe have been identified as a key population for HIV intervention by the Zimbabwe National AIDS Strategic Plan (ZNASP). Currently there is a 10% HIV incidence rate among sex workers in Zimbabwe. The National Sex Work programme co-ordinated by the National AIDS Council (NAC), funded by the Integrated Support Programme and technically supported by UNFPA seeks to reduce new HIV infections among female sex workers, their clients and clients’ partners and improve the rights of sex workers.
To better raise public awareness of the National Sex Work programme, strengthen partnerships and improve advocacy around sex worker’s human rights, UNFPA would like to produce written documentation capturing the life stories of sex workers and illustrating the context of sex work in Zimbabwe.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The overall objective of the project is to produce written documentation illustrating the life stories of sex workers and the context of sex work in Zimbabwe. The main focus will be on written stories, whereas supplementary photographic documentation would be a welcome addition.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONSULTANT/S
UNFPA seeks to recruit either a consultant who has the skills to collect written documentation, a consultant who can produce both written and photographic documentation, or recruit a team who can produce both.
The consultant(s) will be required to have;
· Qualification in development communication, documentation, social anthropology, journalism, photo journalism, or similar field.
· Extensive experience in producing development work related documentation for international organizations with the aim of reaching both local and international audiences (experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health programming preferred).
· Local Knowledge of all the regions in Zimbabwe.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
· Shona and Ndebele language abilities of at least one team member is necessary.
· Good interpersonal skills and experience in conducting research on sensitive topics (experience with sex workers is an added advantage).
· Previous experience in working with UN agencies on development communication is an added advantage.
· Experience in shooting and editing high quality photographs is a bonus.Terms of Reference for the consultancy may be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit applications as specified in the Terms of Reference in a sealed envelope marked no later than 12 noon on Monday 21 September 2015 to:
The UNFPA Country Representative, Ref: Sex Worker Life Stories Documentation,Block 7, 1stFloor, Arundel Office Park, Mt. Pleasant, PO Box 4775, Harare; or by e-mail to email@example.com