Senior Logistics Manager – Emergency Response Personnel
24 month fixed term contract
We are seeking an experienced Senior Logistics Manager to lead and manage the set up or scale up of all emergency response logistics functions in large scale or complex programmes and responses.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Save the Children’s origins lie in emergency response, and this has remained central to our work ever since. Our approach integrates our emergency and development work, through the medium of our country programmes. With the increasing frequency and severity of emergencies world-wide the organisation is increasing its capacity to support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Senior Logistics Manager you will:
· Be responsible for staffing structures and management of senior logistics staff (both national and international)
· Support the Response Team Leader and other members of the Senior Management Team on the best use of Save the Children’s resources
· Support strategic planning, proposal development and budgeting processes
· Offer logistics support to large and/or complex programmes, with multi-sectoral responses
· Provide remote management, management of multiple field bases or direct line management during emergency responses
· Be responsible for leading debriefing exercises to help improve future practice
· Undertake senior deployments such as Country Logistics Director or Country Logistics Manager as and when required.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive INGO experience in senior logistics management within complex/large scale country programmes and in emergency response. Process oriented, you have a solid knowledge and experience in implementing and developing logistics strategies with clarity and confidence. You have a proven record of setting up complex international supply chains to support multi sectoral programmes and ensuring appropriate resourcing for the supply chain. You will also have proven planning, management and coordination skills, but also coaching and training experience and the ability to build capacity. In addition, you must be willing to travel up to 80% of the time, including at short notice.
At Save the Children our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 30th September 2015
To apply please visit our website or click here.
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Humanitarian Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Emergency Aid
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30