Senior Global Auditor
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for Children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crisis.
Senior Global Auditor will be in the Global Assurance function which supports the Board of Save the Children International and its management by evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management, control and oversight systems in place. The role holder will be expected to confidently and capably lead on, or be part of a global team delivering high quality, outcomes-focussed internal audit assignments, reviews, investigations and other work assigned to them to meet agreed professional standards and stakeholder expectations, on time and within budget. Building credibility through effective collaboration and a solutions-driven approach to internal audit are key to this role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· be a qualified internal auditor (IIA) or accountant;
· have extensive experience in relevant operational areas (e.g. in programme/project management in an INGO context) and be willing to learn the appropriate audit skills
· strong experience of conducting risk-based reviews of systems and processes (with a good understanding of the three lines of defence model), identifying weaknesses and areas of improvements with minimum supervision and support
· a demonstrable ability to focus on key issues, enabling auditees to focus on crucial matters of control and oversight
· be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
· have strong experience in producing high quality effective written communication e.g. reports, in English
· be willing to undertake high amount of travel overseas and work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions in some of the most underdeveloped, insecure and remote parts of the world
· have a strong cultural awareness and be able to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· be able to demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
· be committed to Save the Children values
Interested candidates are requested to send a copy of their CV with a cover letter to
EA.firstname.lastname@example.org , Application closes at 5.00pm on 24th September 2015.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a police check and must sign onto our Child Safeguarding Policy and organizational code of conduct.
- Organization: Save the Children
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-09-24