Deputy Country Director Program - Abuja, Nigeria
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
leading our dynamic team of technical coordinators to scale up our multi-sectorial response in Nigeria. You will play a key role in coordinating our life-saving programs in a difficult environment, providing technical experts with essential strategic direction to ensure effective program activities.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Overseeing the work of all Technical Coordinators to maximize the impact & quality of all program activities, in line with the mission’s strategic plan.
- Leading the program development process, with a focus on robust & appropriate programming
- Regularly visiting all ACF’s field projects & participating in exploratory missions & assessments.
- Acting as an effective liaison between program & support departments to ensure the timely identification & resolution of key issues.
- Liaising and negotiating with partners & other actors in Juba. Building relationships with authorities & community leaders in ACF’s field sites.
- Advising technical supervisors on their project staffing plans & assisting with local recruitment.
Does this description fit you?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Master’s degree in Humanitarian Studies, International Politics or another related field
- You have completed additional training in security management, project cycle management, donor compliance, operational strategic planning or other skills relevant to working in humanitarian contexts
- At least 5 years’ experience working in complex humanitarian emergencies, preferably leading projects with multiple funding streams & ambitious multi-sectorial objectives
You aim to deliver innovative, quality programming
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate technical analysis, mission strategy, as well as donor policies & procedures, to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support less experienced technical managers to improve their reporting skills.
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You model to your direct reports how to adapt your communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions. You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
- Organization: ACF - Action against Hunger/Action Contre la Faim
- Location: Abuja (Nigeria)
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-10-13
lubondaye | Washington D.C
SB-5, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
LICA-10, Local Individual Contractors Agreement
IS - 3
Incheon (Korea (Republic of))