Operational Info. Management & Performance Reports Officer
VA No. 083/2015
The Office of the United Nations World Food Programme in Syria is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the following post:
Issuing DateSeptember 13, 2015 Closing Date September 27, 2015 Post Title Operational Info. Management & Performance Reports Officer Duty Station Damascus Contract Type Fixed Term Grade/Level NOA Duration One Year Unit Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Reports Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
· Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
· Compile field level information required for monthly operational reports and briefs.
· Write a regular situation report (SITREP) summarising WFP’s emergency operation country office and field-offices’ activities.
· Support donor relations activities where appropriate, including the preparation of funding proposals, and remain up to date on the resourcing situation.
· Liaise as needed with donors, NGOs and other UN agencies
· Support the preparation of Standard Project Reports (SPRs) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
· Collaborate with counterparts internally to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
· Support the Country Office and Regional Bureau in emergencies by preparing, organising and providing secretarial support to Operational Task Forces (OTFs).
· Provide feedback on activities associated with the Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
· Support the initiatives for developing improved, streamlined, and harmonized OIM & PR including drafting of OIM & PR related normative guidance, as required.
· Attend and take minutes for key meetings, at the request of senior management.
· Contribute to preparedness actions such as early warning, risk analysis and contingency planning and makes recommendations.
· Supervise and support the enhancement of the capacity of junior staff to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting.
· Other as required support the assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products.
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Typically one year or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
· General knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
· Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to:
- Step 1: Create your online CV
- Step 2:Click on “Apply” to submit your application (please note that you must complete step two in order for your application to be properly submitted).
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Damascus
- Grade: Junior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-09-27