Project Manager (Poverty Reduction/Labour Mobility)
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Position Title: Project Manager(Poverty Reduction/Labour Mobility)
Duty Station : Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short term,Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date: October 02, 2015
Reference Code: SVN2015/128(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favorably considered:
Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM), and in close coordination with the Regional Office (RO) for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok and the relevant IOM missions included in this programme, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall implementation, coordination and management of a Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded IOM Project "*Poverty reduction through skills development for safe and regular migration in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam*”.
\*Core Functions / Responsibilities:*****
- Plan and implement the administrative and operational activities of the project in close coordination with the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and participating IOM missions.
- Mobilize funds for the project under the guidance of RO Bangkok and Resource Management Officers from participating IOM missions.
- Maintain cooperation and dialogue with other IOM missions to facilitate a coordinated approach to project implementation.
- Maintain cooperation and dialogue, and coordinate project activities with external project partners, as and when necessary.
- Provide thematic supervision and technical guidance to project staff assigned by each participating Mission and to other programme and administrative personnel employed under this project in close cooperation with the involved IOM missions.
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of project activities with respective implementing missions, in accordance with the project proposal and other relevant project documents.
- Prepare periodic reports for the donor on project delivery, including interim and final reports to donors on budgetary expenditure and results, in coordination with RO Bangkok and participating IOM missions.
- Develop a comprehensive project proposal and budget for the first main phase of the project based on the outcomes and lessons learned from the inception phase.
- Undertake duty travel relating to programme activities, as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
\*Required Qualifications and Experience*****
- Master’s degree in Economics, Law, Political or Social Sciences, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in managing, developing and implementing programmes related to labour migration, employment and social development;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities, as well as with international institutions;
- Previous working experience in Asia, specifically the Greater Mekong Sub-region countries is an advantage;
- Familiarity with Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) donor procedures is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by October 02, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 18.09.2015 to 02.10.2015
Requisition: SVN 2015/128 (P) - Project Manager (Poverty Reduction/Labour Mobility) (P3) - Phnom Penh, Cambodia (54686039) Released
Posting: SVN 2015/128 (P) - Project Manager (Poverty Reduction/Labour Mobility) (P3) - Phnom Penh, Cambodia (54686044) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Development Cooperation
- Labour Market Policy
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2015-10-02