Associate Information Management Officer – P2 – BEY013 - Beirut, Lebanon
The Associate Information Management Officer (Coordination) is responsible for assisting in the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern and interagency operations, including but not limited to Protection, Shelter and Programme information. The incumbent is a member of the IM team and will report to the IM manager. S/he may supervise data collectors or data entry personnel.
The incumbent operationalizes data standards developed at the central level in field operations, train field staff, compile data and analyse information from all populations of concern.
The position will interact with all operational partners of UNHCR in the area of responsibility (AOR). S/he will coordinate assessment, planning, reporting and data collection information management activities and act as focal point for such activities in interagency fora.
****2.2 FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT*****.**Describe the accountabilities, responsibilities and authorities associated with the position.*
****Accountability*****(key results that will be achieved)*
- The Office is able to implement its Information Management strategy which guides all IM activities in the country.
- The Office delivers reliable, accessible and user-friendly, relevant, predictable, appropriate and timely delivery of information.
- Global data standards, and where appropriate, the establishment of country-specific common data standards are adopted by UNHCR and its partners.
- Assessments, planning, monitoring, and reporting activities are coordinated and harmonized within UNHCR and partner organizations operating in Lebanon. Resulting products, analysis and datasets are disseminated widely in the humanitarian community.
- Information dissemination products (i.e. portal, databox, information hub) are maintained operational and advertised in the humanitarian community.
****Responsibility*****(process and functions undertaken to achieve results)*
- Assist in the implementation and operationalization of the country/operation-specific Information Management strategy.
- Liaise with sector leads and UNHCR sector experts to identify information needs and develop appropriate information products according to the defined standards.
- Manage the response and prioritization of requests for information products and services by different sectors and units within the team.
- Co-chair the Assessment Working Group in coordination with OCHA and other assessment partners in Lebanon.
- Provide technical expertise and methodology assistance to joint and coordinate assessments as per AWG TORs.
- Coordinate the roll-out of the Rapid Needs Assessment structure in field offices and at national level.
- Maintain Rapid Needs Assessments tools updated and improved reporting and analysis.
- Act as emergency rapid needs assessment coordinator if needed.
- Maintain the assessment registry updated and regularly liaises with partners to ensure registration of assessments.
- Provide Information Management services to support planning activities of the Lebanon Crisis Response Plan to the interagency coordination, sectors in the operation, and field offices. Such support includes: technical advisory role on logframe design, establishment of SMART indicators, SOPS, technical tools and database design, and other ad hoc support.
- Provide Information Management services to support monitoring activities for the Lebanon Crisis Response Plan to the interagency coordination, sectors and field offices. Such support includes the production of SOPs, advice in the design of databases, specific support to the shelter sector, provision of regular training to partners on the use of Activity Info and other tools, production of reports and analysis of the shelter sector.
- Participate and coordinate (if requested) the Information Management working group or ad hoc sessions/ subgroups.
- Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and ensure that the Information Sharing Portal is up to date, including supervising and advising users of such portal.
- Supervise the management of the interagency contact list, including its dissemination.
- Any other related tasks as required.
****Authority*****(decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)*
- Assist in the recruitment and training of data collectors and data entry personnel, if requested.
- Represents UNHCR in interagency fora, when requested.
- Represents UNHCR and the Interagency Coordination Unit in the Assessment Working Group.
- Supervise Information Management Assistants if requested.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation and P11 Form by e-mail with the job code number and position title in the subject line to: email@example.com Sunday 27 September 2015.***The Personal History Form (P11) is available at the following link:***http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/P11_UNHCR.doc No late applications will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). UNHCR strongly encourage qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-09-27