Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Plan International is a global organization that works side by side with communities in 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and healthcare programs to education projects and child protection initiatives. Across program areas, Plan’s activities are guided by a Child-Centered Community Development (CCCD) approach, which is rights-based, holistic, gender-sensitive, and inclusive.
Plan is seeking applicants for a proposed Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the anticipated Community Led Development (CLD) project in Guatemala. The CLD project will be a $50 million USAID-funded flagship rural community-based development project concentrated in the Western Highlands of Guatemala. The project will focus on empowering citizens of the Western Highlands to identify and address their own development needs through a rigorous community-based development (CBD) approach.
Position Description and Responsibilities
The M&E Manager will develop and manage project M&E systems and document the implementation of the Community-Based Development (CBD) process and monitor CLD progress toward CLD work plan milestones. The M&E Manager will lead the development and implementation of the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and coordinate systems to collect and analyze data on inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impact of the project. S/he will coordinate with the project technical experts and contribute to the development of annual work plans and routine performance reports. They will also work closely with an external evaluation team to design and implement a comprehensive project evaluation that includes baseline, midterm, and end line measures
This position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
Key Qualifications and Skills
· Degree in M&E, Statistics, International Development or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
· Extensive experience in research, planning, and monitoring of USAID-funded projects.
· Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing comprehensive M&E systems, especially for USAID-funded projects.
· Demonstrated knowledge of ADS 203 – USAID Performance Monitoring and Evaluation.
· Experience in monitoring community development programs.
· Proven ability to prepare clear, concise reports with graphics; extraordinary attention to detail.
· Work experience in Guatemala highly preferred.
· Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Further, Qualified Guatemalan nationals, including those living in the diaspora, are additionally highly encouraged to apply.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume in English to our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants who fail to meet the application criteria may be disqualified. The deadline for applications is September 27th, 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: Plan - USA
- Location: Guatemala City
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-09-28