Finance and Administration Director
Quezon City | Manila
As the Finance & Administration Director, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all of GPSEA’s financial–related activities. You will provide leadership, coordination and problem-solving support to the organization’s core functions including Finance, Accounting and Offices Facilities.
In this role, you will partner with GPSEA’s Senior Management Team to develop and implement strategies that align with the organization’s 3-Year Strategic Plan and relate to financial management, budget management, internal control, and financial forecasting and planning. You will also assess performance against both the approved annual Office Development Plan (ODP) and the 3-Year Strategic Plan.
- Strategic and General Management
· Accountable to develop and implement operating strategies in the area of Finance, Accounting and Office Management in order to establish GP SEA as a transparent and financially healthy organization.
· Accountable to develop tools and systems to provide financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
· Accountable to develop and implement budgetary planning and management in alignment with GP SEA 3-year strategic plan.
· To be an advisor to SMT and provide required support to each individual SMT in the area of financial decision, planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
· Train the Finance Unit and other staff across the organization to raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Accounting, Financial Report, Financial Planning and Analysis
2.1 Accounting and Financial Report
· Oversee GP SEA accounting systems to ensure financial data are recorded/ maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principle (GAAP), international accounting standard (IAS) and auditing standards.
· Oversee book close process and the production of monthly and yearend internal and external financial reports to ensure timeliness, accuracy and in line with Greenpeace International financial guidelines and procedures.
· Coordination with Regional Finance Manager and Country Finance and Office Management Manager ensuring integrated financial and accounting system (SUN) will be properly implemented and maintained.
· Oversee and coordinate activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with GAAP and International Accounting Standard.
· Coordination with Regional Finance Manager and Country Finance and Office Management Manager ensuring legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial matters.
2.2 Financial Planning and Analysis
· Responsible to develop and implement financial forecasting model, analysis and related reports ensuring timeliness, adequate of consolidated financial position, both actual and forecasting to enable Board of Directors and SMT to make sound business decision.
· Responsible of financial planning process to in line with GP SEA 3-year strategic plan and compliance with GPI time line, procedures and requirements.
· Coordinate financial planning process and to provide required technical assistance across organization in developing budgetary during planning processes.
· Review and co-ordinate of GP SEA budgets forecast/planning/projection, both income and expenditures.
· Oversee and review financial projection and the completion of GPI Financial Pack ensuring completeness, timeliness, accuracy and to be in line with GPI procedures and requirements.
- Budget Management and Planning
· Lead and organize annual budget process.
· Draw up guideline and recommendation on annual budget setting up.
· Lead and organize budget management process around budget tracking, budget analysis across and budget reallocation across organization on a quarterly basis.
· Oversee budget consolidation and budget status report ensuring GP SEA funds are properly utilized accordingly to the approved 3-year strategic plan and annual office development plan (ODP).
· Oversee cash management and forecasting process to ensure adequate cash to meet all operations requirements.
- Internal Control
· Accountable to develop financial policies and procedures consistent with moral and ethical organizational principles, in line with Greenpeace guidelines and in consultation with SMT, in order to ensure responsible and contribute to the effective use of public donations.
· Accountable to develop program to ensure adequate financial systems and controls are in place and the financial procedures and policies are being followed.
- Office Management and Services
- Oversee office management and provision of office facilities and services to support smooth operations with internationally and professionally working atmosphere.
- Oversee implementation and enforcement of Green Office policy in all offices.
- Oversee asset management and insurance procedures.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all office operations matter.
- Team Management
· Lead, motivate, and manage staff in the unit of Finance and Accounting, and Office Management to ensure the effective performance of the units in line with unit’s and GP SEA mission and to achieve unit and GP SEA objectives through staff coaching, mentoring and performance management.
· Accountable to develop own unit’s HR strategies by determining staff career path, accountabilities and training requirement.
· Accountable to implement unit’s staff recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, mentoring, performance evaluation, disciplinary, and problem solving.
· Oversee budget management of Finance, Accounting and Office Management units to be in line with GP SEA priorities and approved annual ODP.
- Others, as required to fulfill own unit and GPSEA’s mission and objectives.
Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or higher
Accounting, Finance or Business
Experience in financial reporting, forecasting, and planning
At least 10 years of experience in Finance and Accounting functions preferably with 5 years in managerial position.
Possess a strategic approach, sound business judgment, and an entrepreneurial mindset
Experience in strategy formulation and evaluation
- Knowledge and/or experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Knowledge and/or experience in financial analysis and reporting
- Knowledge and/or experience in procurement management
- Knowledge and/or experience in project management tools and methodologies
- Knowledge and/or experience in negotiating to achieve win-win outcomes and consensus
- Knowledge and/or experience in risk management tools and methodologies
- Strong skills in written and spoken English (required) and another regional language (desired)
Interested candidates are requested to write a letter of introduction, read the Recruitment Pack , and fill-up the application form, which you can download from www.greenpeace.org/seasia/about-us/Work-for-Greenpeace/Finance-and-Administration-Director/
]and email by the closing date to: email@example.com
(Deadline for applications: September 30, 2015)
- Organization: Greenpeace
- Location: Quezon City | Manila
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Finance and Banking
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30