Program Manager (Local Candidates Only)
Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments."-Elizabeth Glaser
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 7,800 sites around the world to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support; HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and Kenya government’s efforts to end pediatric AIDS.
EGPAF in Kenya is seeking to recruit a ****Program Manager based in Kisumu****to oversee implementation of an innovative project to improve HIV diagnosis in children older than 18 months and link HIV-infected children to HIV treatment services in Migori, Nyamira, Kakamega and Busia Counties. The project will work collaboratively with other existing partnerships in the target counties to 1) implement intensified case finding for children older than 18 months in child-centered services, 2) Support the roll-out of universal HIV testing for children older than 18 months in selected communities, 3) Scale up family-centered model to test and treat children with HIV-infected parents and siblings and 4) Strengthen capacity of county health authorities and health facilities for sustainable provision of high quality HIV testing and treatment services for children.
The Program Manager will provide overall management and technical oversight for planning, coordinating and leading implementation of the project’s strategies with the goal of attaining universal knowledge of HIV status among children and adolescence 2-19 years and ensuring that at least 90% are linked to HIV care and treatment services. The Program Manager will be responsible for implementation of project goals and objectives, and will provide the overall strategic and programmatic direction to the project staff, coordinate with relevant county structures and ensure the project activities are implemented in close collaboration with other relevant existing mechanisms in the counties.
- Provide leadership in the strategic use of resources for successful program implementation.
- Provide technical leadership and quality assurance to this project, including for activities that mobilize stakeholders to support HIV testing services for children as well as empower adolescents to seek HIV testing services.
- Interact with large numbers of program participants, health care workers, education authorities and schools, county health teams, guiding feedback exchanges, facilitating problem-solving, and providing technical expertise.
- Manage development of annual work plans and report on progress towards project milestones.
- Supervise dedicated project staff in Nyamira, Migori, Kakamega and Busia counties
- Ensure quality of project operations and responsible for problem-solving and course-correction on all project activities.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of project deliverables including all monitoring and reporting required under the agreement.
- Ensure compliance with EGPAF policies, funder rules and regulations and MOH policies/ guidelines
- Facilitate critical collaborative relationships required for the project, with Aphia + supported HIV programs in the counties and other relevant stakeholders.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Higher education degree required (MPH or other relevant Master’s Degree)
- First degree with minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in HIV programs targeting identification and linkage to HIV care and treatment services
- Demonstrated understanding of national policies, strategies and guidelines especially for HIV identification and treatment for children and adolescents.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing programs requiring participation of government and community stakeholders.
- Proven experience in management and leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build partnerships and consensus, within teams and with other stakeholders.
All applications should be sent to: Programsfirstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: Pedaids - Pediatric AIDS
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Operations and Administrations
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2015-09-30