Senior Program Manager - eMTCT and C&T
Founded in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI's teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
CHAI started supporting Cameroon’s Ministry of Public Health in 2007 to scale up pediatric and adult second-line anti-retroviral therapy, through donation of lifesaving ARVs and diagnostics; as well as technical assistance for improving the quality of ART and laboratory systems to support HIV care and treatment. In recent years, CHAI has expanded its support to the Ministry of Public Health to other areas including malaria diagnosis and helping to introduce more effective new treatment for severe malaria, improving access to family planning, point of care diagnostics and mobile health technology (*mhealth*), and technical support for the Ministry of Health’s drive to sustainably fund healthcare, as well as vaccines with a focus on supporting new vaccine introductions and improving vaccine delivery systems
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is supporting the Government of Cameroon eliminating mother to child transmission of HIV (eMTCT ) and expanding delivery of quality C&T program. CHAI Cameroon is seeking a talented, highly motivated and flexible individual to support the development and expansion and improvement of the prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV and Care and Treatment program in Cameroon.
The Senior Program manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the program. He will ensure that the project is delivered according to the established work plan. The Senior Program Manager will track the delivery of project activities and keep the project director regularly briefed. The Senior Program Manager will oversee the activities of program staff. The project manager will ensure appropriate planning of all project activities and ensure delivery on time and on budget of all project activities. The Senior Program manager will manage the reporting and regular program reviews.
- Take responsibility for overall execution of Cameroon eMTCT program according work plan
- Provide strategic and technical leadership for the agreed eMTCT and C&T program
- Serve as the primary point person to the national program and stakeholders
- Take a lead in writing programmatic reports and engaging with the Government of Cameroon and partners
- Manage the eMTCT and C&T team on a day to day basis including activity planning
- Working closely with relevant CHAI global teams to enlist support, capture emerging best practices and ensure alignment with global standards
- Take a leading role in strategic orientations for future program development.
- Lead in development of innovative approaches and tools as well as documentation and dissemination of best practices
- Performance-manage the overall program delivery taking corrective measures where necessary.
- Develop clear operational plans for execution of program aims, and continually identify opportunities for CHAI to add value and maximize impact
- Collaborate with government at national and sub-national levels throughout planning and implementation phases to ensure skills transfer and government ownership, and provide technical support as needed
- Ensure execution of multiple program interventions simultaneously along aggressive timelines
- Manage a team of highly motivated, smart, high performing individuals
- Manage program budgets, work plans and reports
- Liaise closely with technical partners in government to monitor and evaluate interventions against objectives and targets, bringing in technical expertise when needed
- Participate in fundraising efforts to secure funding for additional program activities as needed
- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant health related discipline, such as public health, epidemiology, medicine, nursing
- At least 8 years of work experience in a field requiring both advanced analytics and exceptional presentation and influencing skills.
- Experience in eMTCT and HIV Care and treatment programs a must
- Proven experience in a delivering major health program in HIV or related field
- Exceptional knowledge of HIV control in a context such as Cameroon
- Clinical experience in eMTCT and C&T service delivery is an advantage
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills; including proficiency at advanced Microsoft Excel
- Experience in the planning and execution of large scale projects; including budgeting and activity planning
- The ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders
- Experience structuring and leading evidence based decision making processes
- Proven track record working in challenging multi-stakeholder environments
- A structured and assured oral and written communication style
- Fluent in English and French
- Strong program management experience including managing teams, developing and, creating and implementing work plans, and monitoring both program and staff performance
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems with limited structural or operational support
- Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high-pressure situations, and able to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments, both internally and externally
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
Advanced Degree or equivalent plus 8 years work experience; or equivalent work experience
- Organization: CHAI - Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: Yaoundé
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2015-10-22